98 s10 blazer 4x4 will not engage - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2001, 08:24 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

98 s10 blazer 4x4 will not engage

1998 s10 LS Blazer. it snowed yesterday. no 4x4. it worked on Tues. I start the truck, the 2hi light on the button is on. all normal. press the 4hi and there is a click behind the glove box, the light flashes once on the button, but nothing happens. same with the 4lo. no other system errors. 2hi works fine. no other noises or glitches. What should I do? Please say it is something simple. heading for moab on Thursday. Thanks....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2001, 10:43 PM

Re: 98 s10 blazer 4x4 will not engage

Check to make sure the wires to the switch are fully connected. Since you have a '98 it should be easy to get to it... you'll need a 9/32" socket [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]...

After that check to make sure that there are no wires undone on the differentials. Check from the transfer case to the front pumpkin. Since these are electric solenoid type units there should be no vacuum concerns.

Are you doing this from a standstill or in motion? Try either way. Try to engage 4 LO while in motion, you should at least get a blinking light.

Doesn't your truck have a service tranny or server 4x4 light? I think mine does, so it's probably something minor (let's hope)!

That's all I can think of at this point...

J.R. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

http://members.nbci.com/desertride/index.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode