Wheels - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-09-2001, 10:53 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Wheels

I am getting new tires pretty soon and I was thinking of getting new wheels as well. I have stock wheels on my 93 4x4 (2in body with raised torsion bars and 2in AAL) with 31x10.50 BFG AT KO's now. I will most likely get BFG muds or something of the sort. I want them to stick out just a little, I can't go too much because they will rub. They only on the frame now when the wheels are turned all the way. It's weird, they only rub when turning right? Anyway, I need to know what the backspacing is on my stock rims(15x7). I think I'll stick with 7in because I think 8's with a little less backspacing will rub too much. I just want a little more width to my stance, and I don't want wheel spacers. What numbers do I look at when looking at the wheel specs? Any good suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2001, 08:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Wheels

Careful changing backspacing. I put some American Racing wheels on my 85 that had about an inch less backspacing. I have 3" superlift with a 1" bodylift. My 30x9.50R15 Courser OTD tires will rub in a hard twist. If you keep the same backspacing and go to an 8" wheel, your rims will be sticking out an inch farther than stock. Hopefully this will help.

Bill (s10nut)
'85 longbed 3" Superlift, 1" bodylift, 30x9.50R15 Courser OTD on American Racing AR8 wheels. 2.8L True Dual Exhaust

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode