4.3 Power - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2001, 02:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

4.3 Power

My truck has been running a little sluggish in the past few months and I have been reading posts about the O2 sensor and fuel filters. I'm replacing those this weekend (I got a bosch O2 and NAPA fuel filter) as well as adding a 180* stat. My plugs, cap, rotor, wires are all fairly new so I hope these new items give me my power back and maybe a little more. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2001, 04:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 4.3 Power

Before replacing those items look at the fullsize list for the "ATF trick" and the H2O trick.. Might be somthing to consider since you are replacing the O2.. Tell us what happens after replacement..

-Troy '<font color=red>WeaZle</font color=red>' McCarty

post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2001, 05:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I saw the ATF posts and I think it's an intersting idea, but I'm just going to replace my parts first and see how it runs. I saw on one post they talked about the front and rear O2 sensors. Does my 93 S10 4.3 have 2 O2 sensors. Where would the other be..........behind the cat or muffler?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2001, 06:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

One is in the exhaust manifold on the passanger side and the other is after the kat.. That is if it has two.. Not sure if it does..

-Troy '<font color=red>WeaZle</font color=red>' McCarty

post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2001, 11:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

As far as the ATF and the H20 trick, GM makes a "Top Engine Cleaner" for pre-fuel injected engines, and 3M makes a $30 kit for fuel injected engines that screws into the fuel system and cleans the injector, the intake manifold, the valves, and the combustion chamber. IMHO ATF belongs in the transmission, H20 in the environment. The CMPFI engines are clean compared to the TBI and earlier MPFI designs anyway. If you run fuel injector cleaner every couple of tankfuls, you'll be cleaner than most. OBD-II and Calif. emission vehicles 1995UP have the after-cat O2 sensors, Bosch is the best replacement one you can buy. You could always run a "dummy" set of after-cat O2's.
A.Smith

1989 S-10 4x4 4.3L/700R-4, 3.08s, 31" Sport Kings
1989 Blazer 4x4 4.3L/700R-4 3.42s,235 Sport Tracks
1985 S-10 4x4 Soon to have 3504BM/TH350/D44/14FF, 35" Boggers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode