tires - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-05-2001, 09:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

tires

Currently the s-10 is all factory. Is there any way to get bigger "better off-road" tires on it without having to change much? I bought the truck for $100 so i'm not looking to spend a lot. I'm new to this off-road thing so You might see me ask a lot of questions.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2001, 08:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: tires

If you give us the specs on the vehicle we could better answer your questions. But if you only spent 100 bucks on it I wouls say your best choice would better a saz-all or die grinder, or best is a plazma cutter if you have the resource....

Nick
[email protected]
83' s10 extended cab 4x4 supercharged 2.8l v6
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2001, 12:50 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Mmmmmmmmmmm, I love $100 beaters. If you want to take the easy way out then: 31's (on stock rims) will fit with a t-bar crank and a few wacks to the front inner fender with a BFH.
If you only have $100 invested then looks and resale value are prob. not very important [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]. You could always break out the cutting tools and start hacking away and fit bigger.

Check the local bone yards for deals on tires and rims, you will not believe what you find sometimes. Plus, if the guys are really nice they'll let you try on a few different sizes of rims and tires they have laying around so you can see what fits.

If I can fit 31's on this fine example of Japanese engineering w/o a lift, anything is possible. All the cutting on this fine machine was done with a torch. I am mighty proud, I only caught it on fire once. All recontouring of the body was done by the careful use of a 5lb sludge. It takes experience to use this high tech tool, so you may want to consult a professional.

Hit? Them tires rub. Rubbin's off roadin.
My web page
http://www.bernie.4t.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2001, 11:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

YES! Cool! I love the $100 Beaters! I bet if you get some 15x10 wheels from a RWD GM car, and hack the fenders, 33's will fit! Then you'd need some gears to turn them though! Definetly go to the boneyard and get some RWD wheels though. Never a better time for a SFA conversion and a small block too! Maybe have a grand in it total! Possibilities are endless!
A.Smith

1989 S-10 4x4 4.3L/700R-4, 3.08s, 31" Sport Kings
1989 Blazer 4x4 4.3L/700R-4 3.42s,235 Sport Tracks
1985 S-10 4x4 Soon to have 3504BM/TH350/D44/14FF, 35" Boggers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode