body lift - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-05-2001, 03:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

body lift

Just wondering if a 3 inch body lift for a 1997 Jimmy is made.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-05-2001, 06:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: body lift

I think the only body lifts for the newer style blazers/jimmys are 2 inches. Here is a pic of my blazer with a 2 inch body lift

Ryan

-I shoulda been a cowboy-
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-05-2001, 07:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I am torn between a body lift and a torsion bar crank-up. The shop wants $400 for installation for the body lift, but I really don't want to screw anything up doing it myself. The torsion bar method is cheap, but it may harm c/v joints and ball joints. Anyone have a 'from experience' opinion on the torsion method? The vehicle is new and I don't want to screw anything up. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2001, 12:38 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

If you ask BigMileageS10 about it, his fathers a GM mechanic. The t-bar crankup is what the service manual calls for when you use a plow. I have seen no ill effects to the CV boots or to the ball-joints. You won't need to crank them too far, anyway. Let me guess you're wanting to fit 31x10.50x15 tires right? I just barely cranked mine up to fit the 31's they do rub at full steering lock on the swaybar, but my truck has 175,000 miles and the pass. CV shaft is original! I replaced the drivers side last summer(before the 31's) It is a 1997 after all, and from what I've seen body lifts will cause more problems than the simple t-bar crank up will. Whatever you decide, good luck.
A.Smith

1989 S-10 4x4 4.3L/700R-4, 3.08s, 31" Sport Kings
1989 Blazer 4x4 4.3L/700R-4 3.42s,235 Sport Tracks
1985 S-10 4x4 Soon to have 3504BM/TH350/D44/14FF, 35" Boggers
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2001, 07:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well i did the torsion bar crank like he said and i did change the ball joints before i cranked it and i put napa balls in it. The top of the line ones, those are good for life. If something does happen they replace them, and i have 31's under it with wheel spacers. I want to do a body lift but my dad doesn't like those haha. But i'll probably do it with out him knowing. Until he see's it. O and i have fender flares on it now cause i'm running bigger wheel spacers. The picture is old.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 17-327078-after.jpg (55.0 KB, 8 views)
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2001, 07:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

o i forgot here is a before shot

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 17-327087-before.jpg (73.1 KB, 8 views)
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2001, 08:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have seen soom lift done I my self put a body lift .No cv pomblems or 4x4 pomblems . but i dont know what your doing big off road .to me the truck can go just about wair what you want .I have 3 feet of snow i go thought it and around any ford in it . some say s 10 or s15 are no good .so like i say giver

I`d rather push a Chev than drive a Ford
Hachey, 88 Blazer 4x4
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2001, 11:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

My S-10 will be living proof come this summer when I put the 2"body/2" suspension lift on it. It has 175,000 miles on the original drivetrain. The only things I've replaced driveline wise is: the u-joints, the passenger side CV shaft(O.E. boot ripped), and the 90weight in the diffs. I wheel this thing HARD! I caught quite a bit of air last weekend while "airing out" the suspension. When I do the body lift, I will do it the RIGHT way by extending the gas filler neck, chassis grounds, etc. adjusting the steering linkage. This should make my 31's a perfect fit. S10's RULE!
A.Smith

1989 S-10 4x4 4.3L/700R-4, 3.08s, 31" Sport Kings
1989 Blazer 4x4 4.3L/700R-4 3.42s,235 Sport Tracks
1985 S-10 4x4 Soon to have 3504BM/TH350/D44/14FF, 35" Boggers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode