BEEF IT UP - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-03-2001, 11:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

BEEF IT UP

I have a 1995 S-10 4x4 w/ a V6 4.3 cmfi and was wondering what i could do to beef the engine up some? Everything in it is stock. And where to find it? I heard if I were to beef it up it could act as if it had the power of a v8 is that true, and if so how?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2001, 12:50 AM

Re: BEEF IT UP

<font face="Comic Sans MS"> As far as I'm concerned that engine in that truck already acts like a V8 in a fullsize does. Raced one in a friend's 92 k1500 GMC with 350 tbi and the vortec S10 actually won. Just a thought</font>

Tim "Sandman"

ORC Land Use columnist:
My November article on ORC
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2001, 02:09 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Add a computer chip and add a set of header and do a exhaust system - it will make a difference for sure......

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2001, 10:13 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Do a search through old posts, search for words like performance, or something like that, you will find tons of info.

Ryan

-I shoulda been a cowboy-
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2001, 11:52 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

As far as I'm conserned a 4.3 will never have the power or torque of a V8, but to help you could put on a
throttle body spacer ( I did, lot better response and top end on the hiway) Headers are good for hp and
fuel millage. Dual exhaust does alot as well

93 Blazer, 3inch body lift, 31x10.5 BFG Mud-Terrains, TBI spacer, good stereo. Hugger Orange.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2001, 03:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanx for your input ill be sure to give it a go but also my engines running tired! I was thinking about rebuilding it are there any internal engine performance parts to add ,to give it the ummph?

post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2001, 07:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

YES. Both Crane and Edelbrock make camshafts specifically designed for the computer controlled engines. Edelbrock also makes an aluminum Performer intake manifold for the TBI engines, Holley offers a high performance throttle body injection unit. JBA makes an excellent set of headers for numerous s-series applications. Then, there's always Nitrous Oxide, or a supercharger! GM Performance parts also offers such things as 4.3L Bowtie cylinder heads in many stages, but they're mostly for high-RPM power. Your only limited by your imagination or budget.
A.S.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2001, 10:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Kinda hard to put a throttle body spacer on a truck that isn't throttle body, he's talking about the CMFI motor.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-05-2001, 11:09 PM
jeeper131

hey, where did you find that throttle body spacer? I want to find one for mine, a 93 2.8. THanks for any info

MudFlap
93 S-10 in the works
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2001, 12:27 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

You can find them at any speed shop, like Jeg's or Summit Racing. There like $60-$70, or you can make your own cheaper. There more for top-end performance. The 4.3L TBIs intake has a spacer built into it. Just my $.02.
A.S.

1989 S-10 4x4 4.3L/700R-4, 3.08s, 31" Sport Kings
1989 Blazer 4x4 4.3L/700R-4 3.42s,235 Sport Tracks
1985 S-10 4x4 Soon to have 3504BM/TH350/D44/14FF, 35" Boggers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode