Upgrade 1996 S10 Blazer LT - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-01-2001, 11:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Upgrade 1996 S10 Blazer LT

Hello Everyone. I wanted to congratulate the host for a well run post forum. I have found some very useful information about SUVs. I have a 96 LT 4WD S10 Blazer which I was hoping to add a lift kit that is A)economical and B) tall enough to allow me to comfortably add 30"
tires. The blazer is basically stock at the moment. Do I really need a lift kit? How much $? Can I keep my standard rims? Oh, It is also time for new shocks. I would apreciate it if you could recommend some shocks as well.
Otherwise I enjoy my rig very much, specially when I get to take it down to Baja.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-02-2001, 12:28 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Upgrade 1996 S10 Blazer LT

You can run 30x9.5 tires without a lift and with a 2 inch body or suspension lift you can run 31x10.5 tires. You can run these on the stock rims without any problems. As far as shocks...I like the Bilstien HD's that I am running and have heard good things about the rancho 9000 series shocks.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-03-2001, 12:12 AM

Re: Upgrade 1996 S10 Blazer LT

I agree on the Bilsteins. I run them on my '98 truck and it does GREAT down in Baja! Especially when the roads are less than stellar.

Body lift would do well for you at any rate with the 30" tires. I'm running 30" BFG All Terrains with a body lift and absolutely no problems.

J.R. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

http://members.nbci.com/desertride/index.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode