4.3 maintenance - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-01-2001, 12:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

4.3 maintenance

I have two questions concerning my 93 4.3 TBI. First, I was thinking of replacing my o2 sensor and fuel filter because my truck seems to run sluggish and bogged down. Could that help? My check engine soon light has been coming off and on for about 2 yrs. It seemed to happen after I got my Flowmaster and duels put on, and it usually only comes on after I have been driving for a while. What brand should I buy and should I put them in myself or pay someone to do it for me? Second, I have decided I want to add a little more juice to my truck, I was thinking of either JBA headers or a TB spacer (Air Raid, not a home-made one). What would be the best for the money? I know the headers are more expensive but is it worth the money or should I try the TB spacer since its cheaper? What would be a good price guess at a local shop for the intstall of headers and the spacer? Thanks for the info.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-01-2001, 02:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 4.3 maintenance

You can do all this work yourself.. The O2 there are two I believe and you can get them at any parts shop.. Get Bosch.. Probably why the check light is going on.. Might need to get that turned off at the dealer.. Check your plugs and wires, cap, rotor too.. Might be cause of the slugish ride.. For more power I say go with the JBA's.. Might need to get them pro installed tho.. How good are you at flinging a wrench and cussing.. its not really hard just time consuming.. The spacer only moves existing power up the powerband and not make any more.. You are taking away from low end to give more [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] on top.. If you are going with a TB spacer save some money and get the home made one.. No real difference in a TUBE.. Headers have been the best mod I have done to my truck, and the JBA are the best..

-Troy '<font color=red>WeaZle</font color=red>' McCarty

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode