street legal s-10 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-01-2001, 09:02 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

street legal s-10

Hey guys,
i have a problem with the laws in Mass. It only permits 22 inches from the ground to bottom of the door. im running 23 inches right now and can only fit 32 inch SS TSLs. Now the real question i have access to a guy who can custom make fenders out of kevlar(sp), can i get 35's under there. Im going to be doing a SFA with a 14 bolt rearend and dana 60 front. I can get both of these axles real cheap and cut real cheap. This type of lift with 235/75/r15 tires puts the truck at 22 inches for inspetion reasons. i just want to fit 35's under without any more lift. Is this a realality? Thanks guys

MudderS10s
91 S-10 4.3L, 5 speed, 3 inch bodylift, 32" super swapper TSLs, 2 inch rear shackle lift
73 CJ-5 mods- way too many to list
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-01-2001, 12:45 PM

Re: street legal s-10

<font face="Comic Sans MS">You would have to "lower" your suspension if you put 35's on to meet the door height requirement. Best solution: move somewhere that doesn't have all those ridiculous restrictions, laws, rules, etc... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] </font>

Tim "Sandman"

ORC Land Use columnist:
My November article on ORC
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-02-2001, 05:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I live in Massachussetts. The restriction is like add your wheelbase and wheel track together and divide by 2200 and you have maximum lift for your truck. I forget if thats the formula check out http://www.customtruckshowcase.com they have all the state laws there. I dont think it was a door/bumper/frame general restriction, its specific to your truck for frame/door/bumper restrictions. Check it out. BTW where abouts are you? I live in Attleboro, down on the Rhode Island border.

89 K1500 Skyjacker 2.5" 33" SSR's
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]Friends dont let friends drive Fords[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-02-2001, 05:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Wow, that must suck! My roommate in college was from Mass. and he had an 83 K-5 Blazer with a 6.2 diesel and he had 4" of lift and ran 33x12.50 tires and it was legal. I can't believe that a state would limit you like that, I mean what is this a communist state? There's plenty of STREET trucks around here in Ohio that run 12" of lift and 44" Boggers. I'd like to see some KEVLAR fenders, those would be $weet!. They must think that you're gonna play monster truck on the highway and start driving over cars! LOL!
A.S.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-02-2001, 10:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well, its the law, but its not enforced, there is a kid at school running 4" Lift and 34"s from what I can see (I havent talked to him, he always comes in late and leaves early for work-release or something strange) but anyway, kona_joe is running a 6" lift, 1" body lift and 36" tires on his truck, its not on the road yet, but before I think he said he was running 38's for a few years with no hassle. Like in most other states, its not enforced, but I think over time it will slowly be enforced, but I think piggies have better things to worry about like people that speed and are a real danger to other people. I think states should not have lift laws, as long as people have their steering properly adjusted, along with headlights, and as long its safe, some states have a small test, you can run anything you want a believe as long as its smog legal and passes some handling tests and a complete inspection. But now Im ranting, just wanted to share!

89 K1500 Skyjacker 2.5" 33" SSR's
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]Friends dont let friends drive Fords[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-03-2001, 11:39 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

hey thanks guys,
i have never been hassled about my jeep which sits at 32" but have been about s-10 which sits at 22", go figure! I think im going to do a SFA and Kevlar fenders at 300 for the front a piece and 350 for bed sides a piece. Then i can see what i can fit, i hope for 35's. Well see thanks for the help.

MudderS10s
91 S-10 4.3L, 5 speed, 3 inch bodylift, 32" super swapper TSLs, 2 inch rear shackle lift
73 CJ-5 mods- way too many to list
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode