getting the hang of tires - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2001, 09:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

getting the hang of tires

OK. I think I need tire help. I see these tires today.
they are 30x9.50x15, and 27x9.50x15. I think I will do the 3" body lift if I have to. I dont want any rubbing.
my question is, Can I use my stock alumium 5 stars or do I buy a set of 8"? And if I do the 3" body lift do I have to monkey with any of the brake lines or anything? s-10 blazer

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2001, 12:20 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: getting the hang of tires

Heres the thing, 30 is the tire diamater, 9.5 is the tread width and the 15 is the rim diamater, for your tire to haave a flat contact patch your rim needs to be either 8 in or 9in wide, I don't believe they make a 9.5 rim, as for your body lift, you will prob have to move your brake lines if their connected to the body parts that are being raised, now you won;t have to make them longer if your doing a body lift because you are just going up, not adding any suspencion travel

Tim

88 blazer
Like A Rock
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2001, 12:22 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Those tires will work fine with the stock alloys, I'd recommend keeping them. The 27's will fit w/o problems, hell that's smaller than the optional 235/75's. 30's will fit with a small crank of the torsion bars, some have fit 30's w/o any mods. If you are leaning toward a body lift, 2" is all you need. 2" is a little easier than a 3".

Hit? Them tires rub. Rubbin's off roadin.
My web page
http://www.bernie.4t.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2001, 09:44 AM
Addict

31x10.50 BFG's will fit easy on the stock 7" rims and BFG recommends 7-9" rims too. The stock wheels are 7" and I have them on my 89 S-15 ext cab 4x4. No body lift, cut outs or anything, bone stock and they will rub once in a while on the inside on the frame at Full Lock. No body rubbing. Tom

Tom "Deep Sea Diver" Brantley
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2001, 10:35 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanx You guyz are helpin ALOT!!!!! Got any pics of these blazers with no lift and sweet tires?

post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2001, 02:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well I wouldn't call mine "sweet tires". they are 30"x9.5" wild country a/t's.
there is hardly any lift. Add-a-leafs, (to cure the droopy @ss syndrome), which is so common with blazers.

Matt Buttke

http://home.off-road.com/~matt/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 17-320961-Matt's91.jpg (19.7 KB, 7 views)
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2001, 04:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have 31x10.5's on seven inch rims without a problem.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-01-2001, 02:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

If you do decide on a body lift, a 2" one will put less strain on steering and you shouldn't have to modify your transfer case shifter. The 30x9.50x15's shouldn't rub at all if you do a t-bar crank and use the stock 15x7 wheels with 5" of backspacing. My 31x10.50x15 Sport kings rub the swaybar at full-lock with a small t-bar crank. A 30x9.50 shouldn't kill you gear ratio as much as a 31" tire would either(assuming you have an adequate gear already) Whatever you decide, good luck with it.
A.S.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode