How many miles you guys getting on your V6's - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2001, 10:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

How many miles you guys getting on your V6\'s

I looking into buying a 97 chevy s-10 with the vortec v6 in it, but it has 140000 highway miles. it has an excellent maintance record( the guy works at GM). So how many miles are you guys getting out of your trucks and should i worry about the high mileage. its a 97 extended cab 4x4 with about every option on it, hes asking 9000. is this a good price

thanks for your help

1992 Pick-up 4x4 4cyl 5spd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2001, 12:55 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: How many miles you guys getting on your V6\'s

with that many miles on it, your going to have to be real careful with the drivetrain, and suck, i think the price is a bit high i would go for 7000, but that is just me...

Good Luck
Tim

88 blazer
Like A Rock
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2001, 07:30 AM

Hi Jon,
I changed my motor a 163,000, and it was still running great, and it was then transplanted into an astro van. A friend of mine has a 4.3 pushing 250,000, and has never had the valve covers off, yes it does have the normal start-up smoke from the valve seals, but the motor runs great. I just keep it tuned up and the oil changed. The motor in my blazer has 235,000 on it, and it still runs good, but I:m ready to build it up for some more HP! Hope this helps.
Blazernut

'91 S15 Jimmy 5.7L 4X4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 02:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well on my 94 i just broke 227000 and she is still running great and i'm 18 so i'm not that gentle on her but my dad works at a local chevy dealer so he takes care of her. But it had 207000 when i bought it, and they were all highway miles and had a good record too. But she still looks really good. I attached a picture

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 17-318969-favoritepic.jpg (34.7 KB, 8 views)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 07:54 PM

My '98 has about 50K miles on it and still runs strong. Only problem so far was the coil and a vibration belt dampner.

Any good motor will stay strong as long as you regularly change the fluids (and not add too much or too little doing it). $9,000 seems kinda high for that many miles, but it may still be worth it.

Here's the Kelly Blue Book in MY AREA and with a base model S-10... http://kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/kw.kc.ur?kb...;r&277&5;CT;F1.

Came out to about $9,590.

J.R. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

http://members.xoom.com/desertride/index.htm
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 10:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

My girlfriend's 1993 Blazer with CMFI motor blew up at 129,000, spun a rod bearing. Was always maintained perfectly. New Jasper motor was over $3000 installed.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode