ZR2 5" Suspension lift - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2001, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

ZR2 5\" Suspension lift

seen this in petersons magizene. thought some of you would like it, it is avalable for the regualar s-10 also. http://www.bds-suspension.com/chevy-GMC zr2.html
enjoy

Craig

'89 S-10 4.3L 31" Yoko M/Ts (For Sale!)
'99 S-10 2.2L 2WD 5 Speed Totally Stock

'88 Kawasaki Mojave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2001, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

Re: ZR2 5\" Suspension lift

i got a question. what was changed in 1995 on the ifs. since the kit is only for the 95-01 trucks?

Craig

'89 S-10 4.3L 31" Yoko M/Ts (For Sale!)
'99 S-10 2.2L 2WD 5 Speed Totally Stock

'88 Kawasaki Mojave
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2001, 03:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Why is this kit only applicable to ZR2 vehicles? I don't know much on the difference between ZR2 and regular.

Nich Kenny
'89 K1500 350/700r4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2001, 04:50 PM
Addict

Guess you guys don't read "MY" posts! The ZR2 "I drive " kits won't fit reg suspension S-trucks. BDS makes this kit for ZR2's only. And it runs from $1000 on up depending on where you get it from. I know one guy that e-mails me everyday that ordered one this week. It has NO shocks with it and uses the stock upper A arms too. Now on the other hand, when Superlift releases their versions for ZR2's and reg trucks, they will have a multiple shock setups, skid plates, and kicker braces and your choice of adda leafs or shackes in the rear for trucks. The hold up is a vibration in the SEMA Blazer they have lifted right now that I went to see. It has the transfer case out right now and theyr'e thinking it's traced to a bearing. It only vibrated slightly through the gas pedal after letting off the gas. I have e-mail from 2 ZR2 "test trucks" that have been running them for a long time with no problems at all. The regular kits for Blazers and trucks are ready and the ZR2 trucks as well. But they won't release any of the 4 kits that will be available until they work out the kinks on the ZR2 Blazers. As soon as they do, they will go into production for the public sale. There is a huge difference between the BDS and Superlift kits not to mention the extra 1" of lift. Patience grasshoppers and it will be out soon. However the 2.5" kits are available right now at various places for around $500 with adda leafs or shackles. As to the 95 up question, can't tell you on that one. I think it may be the ext cab versions of the ZR2's started around then. That's the only thing I can think of. I talk to the factory reps personally and can tell you what I say it NOT hearsay, Tom.

Tom "Deep Sea Diver" Brantley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode