grill conversion: 95 to a 2000 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2001, 11:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

grill conversion: 95 to a 2000

im gonna put a 2000 S10 front end on my 95 Z... anyone else done this and have any tips? ive got all the peice except the radiator core support which is $250... but ive heard u can still use ur old rad support... anybody with some tips would be helpful...

Dan, '95 ZR2
"i love eatin toyotas... nothin better than asian cuisine"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2001, 12:40 AM
jeeper131

Re: grill conversion: 95 to a 2000

where did you get the parts and how much did they cost?

MudFlap
93 S-10 in the works
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2001, 02:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i got the grill and headlights from some guy in Mass that was gonna do the same thing, but instead is selling his truck... he gave them to me for $200, but i know theyre more expensive than that, u could only get them from a dealer if u wanted to do that... i still need wiring harnesses for the headlights but thats no big deal... the main thing is whether or not im gonna get a rad core support which is expensive, therefore im tryin to figure out whether or not im gonna actually need it...

Dan, '95 ZR2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2001, 04:54 PM
Addict

Stupid question, but what is the difference in the 2 years? The grill, headlights, what? My first ZR2 was a 97 and now have a 99. I can only see the grill difference. Why would you need to change the radiator support for that? Can you send me all the info and advantages for a swap like this to [email protected]? All I ever knew someone would change is the GMC setups for the front? One more question since you have a 95 ZR2. Was that the first year for the ext cab?

Tom "Deep Sea Diver" Brantley
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2001, 07:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

the difference is only the grill... the reason i want to swap them is bc the newer grill is sweet, way better looking than the older one... plus i can put in my superwhite composites into the new headlights, the old ones are sealed beams... i took my grill off and looked at the rad core support, its definitely different and i think im gonna get a new one so that i dont need to do major custom work... the grill and headlight setup is completely different, so how could the front end be the same for both grills...

Dan, '95 ZR2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode