Hypertech Thermomaster Chip for sale ('86-'87,5sp) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2001, 09:23 PM
BigAl

Hypertech Thermomaster Chip for sale (\'86-\'87,5sp)

I installed this chip last fall and was impressed [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] (check my old post - no, I didn't go back and edit it), and then later I installed the Holley TBI. The chip and the Holley TBI [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img] do not run as well together as the chip and the stock TBI (I talked with the Holley and Thermomaster techs and they are aware of this). I think I am going to put the stock chip back in and sell this one [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]. I probably will sell it with a 180 degree stat for $120 [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img]. If you have a Chevy S-10 or GMC S-15 with a 2.8L engine & 5sp trans with the stock TBI, and want cheap and easy to install horsepower & torque [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img], let me know. Thanks!

Al [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

'87 Jimmy 4X4 2.8L [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2001, 01:07 PM
BigAl

Re: Hypertech Thermomaster Chip for sale (2.8L, 5sp)

Hmmm, I went back to where I purchased the Holley TBI and the Hypertech chip recently and discovered that under the Holley TBI it states "Compatible only with stock GM electronics." [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] This was not there when I made the purchase. Also, their tech said they were compatible on the phone [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]. A lesson learned-not to just accept the word from an inappropriate authority [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]. I have emailed them this, and I am awaiting a response.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2001, 03:16 PM
jeeper131

is this the same chip that requires you to run higher octane fuel? I might be interested. what did it do to your mileage? I have a 93 s-10 pickup with the 5 speed manual trans, 2.8 TBI.

MudFlap
93 S-10 in the works
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 10:37 AM
BigAl

Sorry, it is only for an '86-'87 [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img], S-10 & S-15. So, if you have an '86 or '87 and are interested [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]. Let me know. And, yes, it requires high octane fuel.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode