Show tips - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2001, 11:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Show tips

Okay guys, I was over on the family events page earlier, and realized there is a huge jamboree only a few hours away from me. So here is the deal, I figure if i go up there i may as well show, its only like 40 bucks to enter, and i figure if a friend and I go up for the 2 days anyway tickets will be that much. So here is my question, any little tips i should know, or little accessories i should add? I mean I am not planning on winning anything, but it is a great excuse for me to get the blazer all shiny and let a few people who arent fortunate enough to drive a chevy drool right??? The jamboree is in October, so i have TONS of time, but seeing that I am a college student i figure if i have a list of goals sitting in front of me for 10 months they may actually get done. Here is what i have so far:
2000 s-10 blazer 4x4 LS 2-door Black
2 inch body lift
31x10.50 BFG AT KO's
Dynomax muffler with exhaust bent to look stock
Tinted windows (illegal but not any darker than the rear ones)
Westin Safari bar with to Hella Rallye 500's
3JL 10inch subs in a custom box (already planning to rebuild it this summer anyway)
Alpine V12 amp
K&N Gen II Filtercharger system
I think thats it, oh yeah pics will be posted soon, sorry for the long post, but when i get a huge idea like this if i dont run with it it wont get done. Thanks in advance.

Ryan

-I shoulda been a cowboy-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-11-2001, 06:49 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Show tips

Just a little Question, If your a college student how the hell do you get your hands on a 2000 model? I work full time averaging about $30,000.00 a year and dealerships won't even look my way, for a Blazer.Let us all in on the secret Pal.hahaha

I`d rather push a Chev than drive a Ford
Hachey, 88 Blazer 4x4
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-11-2001, 08:58 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Here is the secret. My dad works for GM and has done such for nearly 40 years, so luckily for me he decided that if that is what i really wanted i could have it.

Ryan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-11-2001, 09:42 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

That's cool my old man also worked for GM, at the Montreal assembly plant (36yrs). but no such luck for me, I only wish I could get a new Blazer. Say, what does your old man do for the company?( if you don't mind my asking.)

I`d rather push a Chev than drive a Ford
Hachey, 88 Blazer 4x4
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-11-2001, 09:46 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Honestly, I don't pay any attention to newer vehicles unless they are really tricked out, nor do the judges. In a large show, there are just too many other older, restored, highly modified, or rare vehicles that attract my attention. If you want attention you got to do something special. I once saw a fs blazer that was 100% covered in mud. They let him in the show and he got a ton of attention. Or, disconnect the sway bar and bring some ramps to flex the suspension. Just a few ideas.

Hit? Them tires rub. Rubbin's off roadin.
My web page
http://www.bernie.4t.com
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-11-2001, 11:36 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

My dad is a plant manager down in mexico, but he will be back in the states by the end of the summer. As far as the truck goes, the class i would be in is street, and that is for vehicles that havent had a ton of stuff done to them, but like i said, i dont plan on winning anything anyways.

Ryan

post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-12-2001, 07:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

get some de-greaser, and buy steel hose replacements for the engine compartment. Steel fuel, steel belted water/antifeeze, chrome caps on oil/brake/etc. Twist-tie any loose wiring...

Its the little stuff and shouldn't cost more than $100 or so...

street class events look for a nice clean truck... not something that rolled off the factory floor.

Get it detailed the day of/before the event. And get a beautful girl to stand by the car while showing...

post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-14-2001, 10:59 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Don't forget those colored wire loom covers, either to match the color of the truck or to contrast it. If your underside is nice and clean and detailed, go for some mirrors. You could also get some of those "strobe" lights for your headlights and maybe "colored bulbs for the interior. I like the idea of the ramps to flex the suspension though, If you do it right, your truck will be surrounded by people. Use some saddle soap on your exterior rubber seals to make
'em shine, and also silicone on the interoior trim. Its the little things that people will notice, but you have to draw their attention first, and the ramps might just do it. Good Luck.
A.S.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-14-2001, 04:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

where do i get those steel hose replacements???

post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-15-2001, 09:53 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have been doing shows with my old chevy for a while....dont do the colored looms or braided hoses....that was played out years ago. If you want your motor looking good, clean and armor all all the hoses and plastic, make it look like you care not cheesy with different colors and strobes.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode