4" or 6" with 35's?? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2001, 09:45 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

4\" or 6\" with 35\'s??

I own a 89 jimmy 2dr 2wd. I want to put 35 inch thornbirds on it but want NO rubbing (its mostly for street and screwin around once in a while). if possible i dont want to have to trim the fenders. if anyone has put 35's on an 89 jimmy, any input would be great. Any input at all would be appreciated. im not sure what company makes lifts for my truck, but want a 4" or 6". cost isn't a real issue but i would like to keep it under $2500. im in Ontario so would like to order out of canada if possible, if not no big deal it's just easier. thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2001, 11:38 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 4\" or 6\" with 35\'s??

HHEHEHEHEHEHEheheheheHAHAHAHAHAHAHA[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]... Is that Canadian $2500 you want to keep it under??? Tires, rims, mount ballance are gonna be around $1000 (american mula) of that (add more if ya want a spare).. AND you want no rubbing and not cut fenders!?!?!? Tie both arms behind my back!!! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]2wd hmmm, a 3" body lift is a start for around $100.. Add a suspention lift from Fabtech, Camburg, or whomever the other company was for upwards of $1000.. Not sure on exact price.. Oh, then there is install if you dont plan on doing it yourself.. Estamate half the cost of the lift for install..
Next you might want to think about replacing the 10 bolt in the rear.. Its the small one and not the same as in the full size.. That one time you go screwin around will break that axle.. A good cantidate is the F*rd Exploder with the 8.8 and disks..
I got one for you.. Why Thornbirds??? They really suck in snow and mud..

-Troy '<font color=red>WeaZle</font color=red>' McCarty

post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2001, 11:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 4\" or 6\" with 35\'s??

Sounds like bongman needs to lay off the bong! Really, 35's under a 2wd? I've got a 2" body lift and a 3.5" suspension lift on my pickup and my 29" 235/75/R15's still rub at full turn. To run that size I've already had to spend $2500. Basically 35 inchers aren't gonna happen. sorry!?

Heath Bringham
'92 Chevy S10 2WD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode