tire size ?'s - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2001, 05:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

tire size ?\'s

I just got a deal I couldn't refuse, 2 33x12.5x15LT Super Swamper TSL's for $100. These tires are so new they still have those (for lack of a better word) little rubber thingies sticking off of them. I went to the Super Swamper web site and they recomended a rim size of 10x15. The tires I have on my truck now are stock 235x75xR15's. What size rims are on there now? What do I have to do to stuff these monsters into my wheel well's withought rubbing? Will I have to get a new steering stabilizer or is that just with a lift kit? And last but not least will my gear ratio have to be changed, I believe there is a 3.73 in there right now, not absolutely sure. 93 4x4 4.3L Vortec V6 4dr S10 Blazer.

Lack of engine proformance equals a limp shaft.
http://members.home.net/jm8881/blazer.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2001, 06:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: tire size ?\'s

Hhehehehe... Lets start with the obvious, your going to need two more tires.. I run mine on 15x8.5's with no problem and the tire protects the rim better than a 10".. I believe you have 15x7's on it now..
Now the fun stuff.. If you dont want them to rub you can either take your fenders and doors off and that should give some clearance.. I run Ranchos 3" suspension kit, 2" body, 2" over stock with cranked SAW torsion bars.. =7" Major fender surgury (but looks nice under the flairs) and I still rub on frame at full lock and fender under compression.. The way to have no rubbing and 33+ tires is to do a SFA swap.. It is liveable with 3.73's but I am finding overdrive is worthless.. Im going 4.56's, 35's and SFA in the summer.. Oh wait.. its a 93!??!?!?! Old body style, hmmm.. NO im not sure what it takes, forget all what I said and get yourself a sawzall and some cutout flairs..[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

-Troy '<font color=red>WeaZle</font color=red>' McCarty

post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2001, 08:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

On the older body styles it is pretty much the same. To fit 31" without major rubbing is at least 3" of lift. For 33" tires it usually takes 5" or more of lift and some trimming.

88 S-10 Blazer 4.3l K/N air filter, 2" body, torsion bar/shackle lift, 30" muds, custom front/rear bumpers, 4 KC daylighters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2001, 10:14 PM

I just put a set of these on a friend of mines truck. I started with a 3" body lift and bushwhackers, they rubbed quite a bit so I did a trailmaster 5" suspension lift, that fixed it. I saw a picture of a 4DR with a 3"body lift and a 5" suspension lift and those same tires, and it looked great. If you decide that it is going to be too much work/money to get them on your truck, I'd be interested in the tires, that is if you wanted to sell them. Good luck.
Blazernut

'91 S15 Jimmy 5.7L 4X4
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2001, 06:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey thanks for all the info. I'll be starting my project this saturday. I got the tires mounted on rims and I already have the 2" shackle and t-bar lift done and bought the 3" trail master body lift for a total of 5" of lift which will be (according to the chevy s-10 4x4 website) enough with just fender well trimming. The 2" will give way to the 5" suspension lift one day when the funds are available. Also all four tires might be on as early as next monday because the guy that sold me the 2 tires knows a guy who owns a junk yard and has another 2 33x12.5x15 super swamper tsl's in good condition for $100. I'm pretty excited $640 worth of tires for $200, can't beat that! I'll post some pics when I'm done.

Lack of engine proformance equals a limp shaft.
http://members.home.net/jm8881/blazer.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode