wich electric fan to use - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-29-2000, 09:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

wich electric fan to use

I'm going to change to an electric fan in Feb. I just wanted to know what size fan will cool my 4.3lw/ac.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2000, 10:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: wich electric fan to use

I've heard that you can use one from a F*** Taurus/Sable. They supposedly flow 3500CFM vs. the Flex-A-Lites 2800CFM. You'll need a relay and some type of manual or thermostatic switch to turn it on. I would guess a 92-94 would be a good year to look for at the boneyard. Its gotta be cheaper than $180 for the FAL one. You'll probably need to modify your shroud to fit the electric one to/or modify the elec. ones shroud to fit your rad. I'll be trying this in the spring on mine.
A.S.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2000, 06:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I HAVE THE FLEX-A-LITE FAN IN MY 96 ZR2 AND IT WORKS GREAT. SURE YOU'LL SPEND $190.00 thru summit but every thing is there and its made to fit.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2001, 12:48 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

how much power does the fan add (or not take away from the engine) do u think? was it a good investment for the gain? just gettin an opinion...

Dan, '95 ZR2

post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2001, 09:54 PM

<font face="Times New Roman"size=2>
<font color=green>I have a Flex-a-lite Black Magic I wouldn't mind selling that should fit the bill. It was only used for about a month, or 2 wheeling trips, 200 miles or so. It didn't quite cut the mustard trying to cool a small block in a full size in 90 degree heat on real slow trails, but should be plenty for an S-10. Make me an offer, I'm thinking $100 or so, but will entertain offers. I have all of the wiring, brackets, and the instructions, the thing looks brand new. I bought it from Summit originally.</font></font color=green>

<font color=green>Evan</font color=green>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2001, 04:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

They say about 15 ponies or so, but I added a lot of add ons at the same time so its hard to really tell. I can definitly tell the torque differance all together though. I'd say it was worth the 190.00 price tag.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2001, 08:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Do you know how much CFM it flows or wich black magic it is?

88 S-10 Blazer 4.3l K/N air filter, 2" body, torsion bar/shackle lift, 30" muds, custom front/rear bumpers, 4 KC daylighters
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2001, 09:43 PM

<font face="Times New Roman"size=2>
<font color=green>It's part #150, the universal one. 2800 CFM. You may be able to get just the bracket kit that is designed specifically for the S-10, but I don't know for sure. Make me an offer, it's hanging on the wall in my garage, and the wall stays plenty cool without it...http://www.flex-a-lite.com/auto/blackmag.htm</font></font color=green>

<font color=green>Evan</font color=green>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2001, 10:22 PM

I have a Taurus/Sable fan with the shroud, it fits quite nice in a stock truck. I bought it when I did my V-8 conversion, and then decided to run an engine driven and two pushers, so I didn't use it. If you are interested, let me know, I'll make you a deal on it.
Blazernut

'91 S15 Jimmy 5.7L 4X4
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2001, 04:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'm interested how much and how much to ship it to hinesville, GA? If the price is right I'll buy it in Feb.

88 S-10 Blazer 4.3l K/N air filter, 2" body, torsion bar/shackle lift, 30" muds, custom front/rear bumpers, 4 KC daylighters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode