Tune Up - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-27-2000, 06:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Tune Up

Hows everyone Doin......I hit 95,000 miles today. Never had one tune up.....still got the original spark plugs (which I'd guess are shot to hell) in. I know I will be gettin a tune up soon, as well as all fluids changed. I am starting to get into the valvoline max life oil, I hear good things about that. What other things have you all done to keep your S-10's and Blazers's runnin good for all those miles, and how many miles do you all have.....thanks.

-Steve

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-27-2000, 07:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Tune Up

I just turned 230K miles on my 91 S10 Blazer. I'm running Bosch 4 platinum plugs, change oil every 3k. And beat the hell out of hit!!! Drive it like it's a truck!!!!

1991 S10 Blazer Tahoe 4x4. Edelbrook Headers, Holley 670cfm TBI, K/N filter charger, 30-9.5-15 tires, rebuild worked tranny
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-27-2000, 10:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

mine just turned 149,999 and the front end went out (i think) on my 88 blazer
i had a s-10 that i put 80,000 in 18 months
i keep it tuned up, changed the oil, waxed it
and in the winter for traction i kept 35- 50# bags on calcium cloride and 5 gal of gad and a 5 hp 2 stage snow thrower, still maintaining 20 mpg city!!! with a 2.5 engine...

88 blazer
Like A Rock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-28-2000, 11:24 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have 174,000 on my '89. Its all original-except the paint. I change the oil every 3000 or 3 months. I use Mobil 10W-40, and ACDelco filters. I run ACDelco spark plugs and an Accel cap&rotor(BEST IMHO).I also run a 14x4" air cleaner with a K&N filter. I also run a 180 degree stat, a flow-cooler water pump, and Dexcool coolant. I've also changed the 90W in the axles to Mobil 1 synthetic. I run Sunoco Dexron 3 in the trans and transfer case. I run 31x10.50x15 Sport Kings and use a cap and some pig iron in the bed for traction. I get 20+ MPG all the time since I only have 3.08 gears! I'll be getting some 3.73s soon.
A.S.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode