Big problems with 95 Blazer - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-20-2000, 08:37 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Big problems with 95 Blazer

Okay guys I have been having big problems with my 95 blazer this week, it has a 4.3 and is a 4x4. First of all my RPM's seem to fluctuate when I am cruising at a steady speed. I tried replacing all of the sensors which control the throttle, this did not help. After putting it on the scope the dealer believes it is the transmission. They say the fluid looked dirty and contained some debris, and that maybe the clutches are slipping. A new trans is going to run me about $1400 if that is the problem. Also in the last week my truck has become hard to start, sometimes taking 3-4 turns of the key and some throttle to get it started. It is my feeling that these two problems may be related because they both began about the same time. I now have the dealer looking into the starting issue. Has anyone had similiar problem with their s-10. Or does anyone have any advice.

It would be greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-20-2000, 10:53 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Big problems with 95 Blazer

Well, I see that you're from Michigan, too. It's been pretty darn cold up here the last week and nothing wants to start up in 6 degree F weather like it does in the summer. In fact, it almost seems as though the battery in my `96 ZR2 is dying, but I know it's just the cold. It also takes a couple of cranks before it fires up.

As for the transmission thing, I'd pull the dip stick and check it out myself (tranny warm). The fluid should look nice and red and should not smell burnt (tranny fluid typically smells kind of sweet). If the fluid is questionable, drive the truck into an oil change place and spend $60 to have the fluid and filter changed - a lot less than the $1,400 for a rebuild. Normally a fluid change will help out a lot. Have them drain the torque converter if possible.

Another thing that could be causing the engine RPM thing is a fuel problem. Water in your gas is probably ice now... add a couple bottles of ISO-HEET the next time you fill up (basically just isopropyl alcohol). A fuel filter change couldn't hurt either.

<font color=red>TOO MUCH POWER</font color=red> isn't enough.

I like animals... <font color=blue>THEY TASTE GOOD</font color=blue>!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode