Goodtyear Wranglers? or BFG - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-15-2000, 11:53 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Goodtyear Wranglers? or BFG

when i get my suspension lift for my ZR2 im gonna get some 33s or 35s, im still debating... but im also debating whether to get some Goodyear Wrangler MTRs or not... goodyear tires are excellent and u cant beat the warranties but maybe theres a better tire out there... im not a rock crawler, though i like to go mudding, but i need a tire that will wear well on pavement... I know BFG mud terrains wear pretty fast and Super Swampers are sweet but theyll be smooth in a year... General Grabbers are good but i figure id get some opinions... thanks

Dan
'95 ZR2

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-15-2000, 12:24 PM

Re: Goodtyear Wranglers? or BFG

<font face="Comic Sans MS">Cooper STT's. A little more noise than a BFG MT, but virtually all accounts I've heard was that people get considerably more life out of the STT's. Plus the STT's tend to cost less $$$ than BFG's.

Here's the Cooper tire website They make 35" and 33" sizes of STT's also.

I have a set of smaller ones (235/75/r15) and I definitely like 'em. Just a thought.</font>

Tim
ORC Land Use columnist
My November article on ORC

http://www.off-road.com/land
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-15-2000, 04:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i had a set of coopers and they whooped ass till i got my super swamper ssr's and there great on pavement and they are sweet of road there not as aggresive as the bias tread tsl or the tsl redials but they kick ass and they say you can get 40 k out of them so i would go with the super swamper ssr's or the coopers just my .02 i personaly think the mtr's suck just because you see a couple of guys win rock crawling champs with them whoopie how many top truck challangers do you see with mtr's lol or you could go with the baja claws they kick ass to and they say you can get 40k out of them as well and also now im rambling i got 55 out of my coopers

Suck'n Gas & Haul'n Ass
~fight to keep public land open~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-16-2000, 01:59 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

ive heard the design of the BFgoodriches ATRs are the best, with the most stable sidewalls and the flat uncupped tread... someone said theyve got 4 to 6 ply will most other brands have 2 to 4... but i would kinda like a more aggresive style... ill hafta look at some copper tires, how good are they waranties, anyone know?

post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-16-2000, 11:29 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

hey mywaffles,
first of i have never heard of BFG ATRs unless you mean all-terrian radials, but they are know as just ATs. Okay i have a set of these and they kick a$$, in the snow, in the sand, and in the mud(but not as much as my Super Swappers). Second the sidewall ply for the ATKOs are 3 ply. BFG doesn't make a light truck tire in more than 3 ply. Some Super Swappers are 6 ply, some even 8 ply, people have said and i have seen that they are about 1/3 thicker than the BFGs. If your looking for an agressive high mile tire then go with the BFG MT, people have gotten about 40,000 when rotated well and on time. Hope that helps.

MudderS10s
91 S-10 4.3L, 5 speed, 3 inch bodylift, 32" super swapper TSLs, 2 inch rear shackle lift
73 CJ-5 mods- way too many to list
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-16-2000, 11:42 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

ive seen people talk about the BFG mud terrains being too soft and wearing out real easy, and that the ATs, yeah that what i meant, last alot longer but dont have the deeper tread... i dont know.. but really its all about opinion bc everyones had a different tire thats lasted forever so im just gonna hafta choose...

post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-20-2000, 08:54 AM
TEX

<font color=purple>I haven't know too many people who've worn out BFG MT's too fast 'cept for one guy who only got 26,000 miles out of a set of 235/75's on a full-size truck (they MIGHT have been P235's instead of LT235's though). But, the Coopers do a bit better in my experience. 55k on a little truck sound right in line with the 45-50k I've gotten out of STT's on a full-size & 60k friends of mine get with them on CJ's. STT's have an off-road warranty against hazards, but no treadlife warranty.</font color=purple>

TEX

http://sites.netscape.net/gumboracing

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode