Touring package??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-14-2000, 09:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Touring package???

I was just looking at the sticker from my car, and it says it came with the "touring package" a little birdy told me that that means the t-bars are relaxed a good bit. Is this the case? By the way it is a 2000 blazer.

Ryan

-I shoulda been a cowboy-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-15-2000, 03:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Touring package???

The 95 and newer S10 came with the option of suspension's. The touring package came with the lightest bars for the best, smoothest ride. So yes, you have relaxed bars as you said.

1991 S10 Blazer Tahoe 4x4. Edelbrook Headers, Holley 670cfm TBI, K/N filter charger, 30-9.5-15 tires, rebuild worked tranny
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-15-2000, 11:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Therefore they can be cranked up a decent bit???(Please say yes the [email protected] front end sits a good bit lower than teh back [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img])

Ryan

-I shoulda been a cowboy-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-16-2000, 02:01 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

what kinda ride do u think the superlift 6' suspension kits will produce... stiffer than stock, or smoother? maybe this is a dumb question, but i dont know...

post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-17-2000, 02:29 PM

Was that the "soft ride" suspension? I think I have the same thing... it sucks!

You CAN crank up the torsions, but that would be a temporary fix. If you are running anything over the stock tire you will notice that the bars don't perform quite as you like them to. The dealer sells torsion bars based on weight ratings. You can get a new set and they will be the heavy-duty version for you! Just remember that you need a special tool to take off the torsion bars! Otherwise you'll end up with a big hole in your head as it snaps at you!!!!

As far as the Trailmaster lift (and all like them). All those lift do is put a long a-arm on your truck, and drop the front diff a bit to maintain angles... The lift itself is basically cranking up the torsion bars. So it will be a bit stiffer than stock. A good set of shocks will even out the ride for you.

J.R. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

http://members.xoom.com/desertride/index.htm
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-17-2000, 08:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

They sell after market torsion bars that are stiffer then stock! Sway-A-Way sells a set for about $270. I have the info on the company and the # and who to talk to so if your interested email me. I know a guy that might be selling his after market bars.

1991 S10 Blazer Tahoe 4x4. Edelbrook Headers, Holley 670cfm TBI, K/N filter charger, 30-9.5-15 tires, rebuild worked tranny
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-17-2000, 10:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

do u mean softer than stock? who would want torsion bars that are stiffer... i dont think tightening the bars to raise the front is worth the ****ty ride u get from them... if u got a suspension lift and made it soft, now that is what im talkin about... ridin high and smooth, it cant get better

post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2000, 03:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

No, aftermarket bars will make it stiffer and raise it a little. So when you go to crank up the bars on the aftermarket ones you wouldn't have to crank them up as much as you would the stock bars to get a lift!!! I know a sight where you can get 25% off of GM parts.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2000, 04:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

well1?! whats the site, andrew??

.undertow.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2000, 09:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The web site is "www.gmotors.com" or you can E-mail them at "[email protected]" phone # 1-800-259-3441 or 1-800-535-4608 they sell for 15%over GM COST!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode