Rhino liner on the interior??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2000, 10:21 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Rhino liner on the interior???

I was just thinking, it would be great if i could rhinoline the cargo area of my blazer, that way i could throw all my crap in there after football or whatever and not worry about getting the carpet all messed up. Has anyone ever done this? Would I have to remove the carpet or could the rhinoliner guys just spray a coat over it? Just an idea that popped into my head, lemme know what you think.

Ryan

-I shoulda been a cowboy-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2000, 11:57 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Rhino liner on the interior???

I know of a few guys on a J**p list im on have done this.. You need to use the quality pro stuff like LineX or whoever.. The do-it-yourself crap does not work for long.. The only drawback I have heard is it does get louder significantly.. But you get to wash the interior with a hose [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]..

-Troy '<font color=red>WeaZle</font color=red>' McCarty

post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2000, 12:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I figure it wouldnt get too much louder if i just do it to the cargo bay, maybe I'll just stop by the local rhino line place and see what they say.

Ryan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2000, 02:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

You can buy rubber trays for the cargo area. They has a lip around the sides so if any liquid spills, it stays in the tray. My dad has one and it works great, I think he got it from JC WHitney.

I'm cheap, I just got one of those square carpets from the carpet store, you know the ones they use for demos. They'll give them to you, and just cut it to fit. Hell, the color even matches.

Hit? Them tires rub. Rubbin's off roadin.
My web page
http://www.bernie.4t.com
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2000, 04:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well my plan was to build a new enclosure for my subwoofers and have it Rhino lined so i dont have to mess with carpeting it, and also it will help a bit with insulation of the box etc, also it is something i have never seen done so thought a box covered in it would be cool, I may actually just build a false floor for the cargo bay and have the wood lined if that is possible, we'll see i guess.

Ryan

post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2000, 12:26 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Let me know what you figure out. I can't think of a good way to put my 2 12" JBL's and amp in the Blazer. I'm always hauling stuff around, so they would always be in the way. I got the JBL's and built a box a year ago and only had them playing once!

Maybe I'll just build a low pass filter and hook them up to my home system.

Hit? Them tires rub. Rubbin's off roadin.
My web page
http://www.bernie.4t.com
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2000, 01:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Here is my plan as of now, build a normal box that backs up to my rear seats, but nount the amp either under the seat, or somewhere not connected to the box, that way all i have to do is disconnect the speaker wires from the box and i can either just take it out, or put the seats down and put it up behind the front seats, hopefully i have time to get it how i want it over my x-mas break.

Ryan

post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2000, 09:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I think that would be cool, but I would rip out all of the carpet first if I were you.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-17-2000, 09:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I work for Line-X a spray in liner is easy enough to do- the hard part of it is the prepping and papering everything off ( over spray) You'd have to remove the top and all that realated stuff so it's easy to spray.

We did a early bronco and it was $$$$ about a $1000 to do it..

SPEED KILLS BUT YOU GET THERE FASTER

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode