Can I Change My Grill - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2000, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

Can I Change My Grill

I drive a 1989 S10 Blazer and I was wondering if I could change the grill with a 1991-94 S10 Blazer? I have looked at them and it doesn't look possible to me, but I was wondering if any of ya'll out there had done it? I want to change the entire thing--grill and the part that comes out and goes around the lights.
I just think that those grills just look better.
Thanks
"Redneck" on the internet

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2000, 10:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Can I Change My Grill

Ive been tossing the idea around in my head for quite some time.. Ive done a little investigating but Im still not sure..
I went to a junkyard and found a newer style grill that appeared to fit an older s-10.. The overall dimensions are differnt though...

Preferably Id like to find a company that manufactures a metal grill that extends from the blinker to blinker encompassing the headlights and grill..now that would be trick..THere was this comapny called trenz..but I got my email back when I sent them a letter..

Just a thought...
Luvin 4 wheel'd life
1989 S-10 Shiny chrome
1999 Honda TRX400EX oh my
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2000, 11:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The grille on 91-94 will fit on a older truck.The only problem is the headlights on a 91 up are about 1/2 inch lower than a pre 91.If you put a 91 up grille on a pre91 the headlights sit a little higer in the opening making aiming adjustments imppossible without removing the grill.You have to replace the rad cradle with a 91up for it to be correct.We put my old 91 grill on my buddies 84 and it looks alright but when i put a newer grill on my 86 jimmy lowrider i replaced the rad cradle for the proper look.

1991 blazer 4 dr 4.3 headers,flowmaster,k&n,31x10.5x15 bfg allterrains
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2000, 11:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Here is a pic of my buddies 84 with the newer grill.It`s hard to see but if you look close you can see the gap under the headlights.

1991 blazer 4 dr 4.3 headers,flowmaster,k&n,31x10.5x15 bfg allterrains
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 17-279167-jerry6.jpg (5.3 KB, 9 views)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2000, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for all of the information. The headlights did look a little high, but I would like it to fit a little better so I just have one question: What is the rad cradle?
Thanks A Lot

post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-10-2000, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

I do not think I was in the correct mind set to respond earlier. A rad cradle is a radiater cradle. I understand now.
Thanks again.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2000, 11:56 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

We thought about doing this to my little brother's truck, and discovered that it can be done but there is a kit to buy to make it work. I would look in Truckin', lowrider, or something like that to find it. Good Luck

Eric Peterson

post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2000, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

Thanks--I thought I had seen a conversion in one of my old Truckin' mags, but I wasn't sure if they had them for what I want to do. I will look, but $$$$, I cannot be spending to terribly much.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2000, 04:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I think it was at US Auto parts or something like that that sold the headlamp relocation brackets for use with the 91-93 grille on an 82-90 radiator support, or core support. JCWhitney sells the grilles pretty cheap. The 1 peice grille is alot nicer and easier to remove if you ever need to. My 89 has the 93 grille on it. Just my $.02
A.S.

post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2000, 08:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Heres what my 89 looks like with the 93 gloss black grille. You can just barely see the gap below the headlamps. I'll try to find those h/lamp relocators. they were like $60 I think. The 91 up grilles kick ass with a $70 billet insert.
A.S.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 17-289095-93grill.jpg (37.8 KB, 8 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode