swaybar removal - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2000, 11:56 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

swaybar removal

Has anyone tried running an s- series blazer (mines an 89) with out the swaybar? I have the torsion bars cranked, so its plenty stiff in the front that You'd think it wouldn't act funny on the street, I also wounder if this would even be a gain off road cause we all know that IFS basically sucks. can't wait to be able to afford a straight axle swap but until then I'll keep tweaking the rear!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2000, 01:43 PM
BlazAir

Re: swaybar removal

I took mine off. It likes to lean in the corners, you just gotta learn how to drive it. I suggest that you try it for yourself. It only takes 8 bolts to remove it.

93 S-10 4DR Blazer 4X4, 5" suspension lift, 33X10.50 BFG AT's, 'glass front fenders.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2000, 02:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

did you notice any advantage off-road with the swaybar removed?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2000, 10:52 PM

I did notice a difference. It wasn't the huge difference but still, if you got some rought terrain, each wheels tends to have a little bit more traction and you also (mostly the great part of it) you don't get rocked as mutch in the cab[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] because the front IFS works more like its supposed to be, a REAL IFS[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]. I did notice a little help in the flexx departement but don't be expecting too mutch, I guess some people will notice it more or less than others.

I will put it back for winter though. I noticed that I tend to drive the same way I was used to before and therefore the little bit of body roll I get makes the tire work (or wear) a little bit more on the edges[sad]. But That is basicaly because of the way I drive[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]. I did only take off the end nuts and bolts that bolts to the suspension table so that way, Its only a matter of minutes putting it back. And in other times, I keep it dangling but attached at a safe distance[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img].

Yannick
1999 Zr2 Stuck in the snow
(figuratively speaking of coarse[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img])
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode