injection problems - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2000, 10:48 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

injection problems

i have a 87 s-10 blazer equiped with a 89 350 tpi. it seems as if there is no initial fuel injection during start up, runs fine if i prime the motor first, runs fine after, fuel pressure perfect, no trouble codes. any suggestions

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2000, 11:26 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: injection problems

sorry, I don't have an answer, but if you don't get a response here, post it up on the Standard/full size board. There are plenty of guys runnig your engine that can probably help.

.undertow.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2000, 02:03 PM

<font face="Comic Sans MS">I could be wrong but I believe there should be a circuit that makes the injectors pulse when the engine is cranking, and one circuit that makes them pulse when the engine is up and running. Probably what you should do is check out the wiring schematics for the vehicle you got that engine out of, you'll find your answer in there I do believe.. Sorry I couldn't be of any more help... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
</font>

Tim
ORC Land Use columnist
My November article on ORC

http://www.off-road.com/land
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2000, 03:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I think Sandman is on the right track. If you turn the key to the on position before you start it can you hear the fuel pump run? it should run for a second to prime the system. Then it should turn on while the motor is cranking and turn on once it builds oil pressure. Check to make sure your pump is working correctly and then do what Sandman suggested and check A chiltons for the vehicle the motor came from to see what it suggests.
Good Luck

Nick
[email protected]
83' s10 extended cab 4x4 supercharged 2.8l v6
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2000, 06:13 PM

<font face="Comic Sans MS">If the guy can tell us what vehicle the engine came out of perhaps someone out here might happen to have access to a copy of the schematic and scan it for the guy. The circuits you'll be interested in by the way are the start and run circuit, everything from the ignition switch to the starter, and any wire splices in between as well.
Even calling the dealership might do it, sometimes they'll let you take a peek at their shop books if you ask the service manager about it. That'd be a bit cheaper than buying the book your own, plus that way you get better schematics.
</font>

Tim
ORC Land Use columnist
My November article on ORC

http://www.off-road.com/land
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode