Snorkel info required. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2000, 06:15 PM Thread Starter

Snorkel info required.

Hi Again,

I want to put a Snorkel for my truck (1999 Zr2) but I was wondering if a company makes one for my truck and If not, is there another kit for another truck which would fit pretty good on the truck. I like snorkels but I'm not sure I want to make one myself and have a dangling thing[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] on the side of my window although it would cost probably a lot less. Has anyone any great ideas[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] for making one or any bying options?

Yannick
1999 swimming[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]Zr2

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2000, 06:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Snorkel info required.

No clue on the snorkel thing, but i sure would love to see some pics of your "swimming" ZR2

Ryan

-I shoulda been a cowboy-
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2000, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

That a shame[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img], I don't have some yet. Its the first year I have this truck and only went on a few trip with the club. Just to give you an idea, Its'still stock and it was the first time I crossed water with it and the front lights came under water between each waves. The other guys and Mostly me, we were sure I wouldn't make it[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] and flood the engine[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] but it kept on going, and going and going... I must say, from a previous jeep owner[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img], The truck did pretty well for a Stock one. I probably won't get pictures until next season [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img](its already snowing heavily in Ottawa, Canada and lakes or ponds are frozen up already[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]) but I promise to give you some swimming pics at the first opportunity I get[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img].

yannick
1999 Zr2 who hates winter.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2000, 06:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

heres a link to a guy who custom fab'd his own snorkel (for an s-10).

http://www.off-road.com/chevy/tech/snorkel/

.undertow.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2000, 06:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Look at the one from ARB http://www.arb.com.au/ and fab it to your vehicle.. Dont forget to raise the breather lines to your axles and water proof your distributor.. Its not just the intake so be carefull.. Dont want you to seize a 99.. There are a few people that have articles on waterproofing your truck.. Search around..

-Troy '<font color=red>WeaZle</font color=red>' McCarty

post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2000, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

Ok, thanks for the info guys.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2000, 04:01 PM

<font face="Optimum"size=2>
<font color=green>
I've considered making my own like in that article, but I just want it to look cleaner than that one. The lines on that home made one just don't look right. I'm sure that if you go down to Home Depot you could find all sorts of cool stuff to make one out of. Personally I'd make the opening point backwards so water is less likely to get into the intake.

Did someone on this board write this article?

</font>
</font color=green>

<font color=green>Evan</font color=green>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2000, 07:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

That would be Jeffs truck... [email protected]

He drops by now and again just like I do, e-mail him if you want more info on his set-up... BTW, the top curve swivels to the front or rear...

Bad-Bowtie,
M.Hall
Senior Assistant Webmaster @ S10-4x4.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode