ZR2 lift. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-04-2000, 09:08 PM Thread Starter

ZR2 lift.

Hi guys, I was wondering if anybody knows if the advertise lift kit for the ZR2 are added or replace lift kit. By this I mean: will I get a 5" (BDS) lift added to the standard lift of the ZR2 or is this a replacement (total 5") kit. Also, If BDS makes an added 5" lift and Superlift makes a 6" replacement lift, I assume it is better to go with the BDS since I will get more total lift. I have checked on the different manufacturers website but no information was available on that particular topic. I want to get the highest possible stance on the truck so It is somewhat important.

Moadib
1999 ZR2 (still stock yet, but not for long...)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-04-2000, 11:05 PM

Re: ZR2 lift.

If you want a high stance, go with straight axles[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]. I know that you probably don't want to cut on the stock frame, but with either of the lifts that you mentioned, it is required. I'm in the process of installing a 5" TM on a 88 S-10 blazer right now(pain in the butt)[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img], and as soon as it is out of the garage, I'm doing a straight axle in my 91'.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I'll have less $$$ in doing the straight axle and all around better performance (articulation and ride) using coil springs. Just a thought. Good luck.
David G.

'91 S15 Jimmy 5.7L 4X4
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-05-2000, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

Re: ZR2 lift.

Well, I was thinking of going for a front diff later on. I was also wondering if I would be better lifting up the truck first and then going for front diff conversion. I have installed kits before, but they were "jeep" kits and They are mostly bolt-on [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] but I have no experience lifting a Chevy truck and Thats part of the reason I want to lift a Chevy truck. Its different and also less common than those jeeps[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]. I know that putting a diff in the front requires mostly custom manufacturing but I am wondering if can start up from the first lift (5" example) then put the diff or is it cheaper to go directly with the custom front diff?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode