94 S-10 no start - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2000, 04:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

94 S-10 no start

I have a 94 S-10 blazer with a 4.3 v-6. I have been having trouble starting it. It was starting right up until just recently and there have never been any problems in the past. But, now, it turns over like a charm, but it does not fire. I am getting plenty of spark and the fuel pressure seems to be keeping up. There are no trouble codes and I am running out of ideas. Ocassionally it will start up and run awesome until you turn it off. This is the part that confuses me the most. It is very intermitant. After it runs for any amount of time, if I turn it off, it won't start again. If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate them because the last thing I want to do is have the car towed 30 miles to the nearest dealer. Thanks!

BUD

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2000, 05:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 94 S-10 no start

Welp, you need fuel, fire, and air to run any egine. Its fuel injected so I would check you injectors they may be clogged or fowled, or non founctional. You should have a misfire code long before the starting problem if it is your injectors, but maybe not. its just a guess, g'luck.

.undertow.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2000, 09:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

No start hot condition..they suck...Id check all you electrical stuff.. like the fuel pump connections unplug and replug them also your wires.. maybe a cracked distributor cap when it gets hot it expands and then you no get no hot spark cause it seems to run fine..Im not any mechanic but I tinker with my toys..

Just a thought...
Luvin 4 wheel'd life
1989 S-10 Shiny chrome
1999 Honda TRX400EX oh my
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2000, 01:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

OK..heres the thought. The ignigtion module ..usually the just go out ,but the have been known to act up from motor heat but its "rare" but has happened I beleive the 94 is still under the dist. cap and has a plug on each end of it.
It's the key to the way it runs and is right in the "heat of things"..PUN

post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-04-2000, 10:51 PM

If your truck has the CPI motor in it, they are common to have fuel pump problems and injector problems.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] You need a minimum of 55psi for the injector to open. Pinch off the return line, and see what the pressure goes up to, don't run the motor this way for very long,(it will fowl the plugs if the pump is good) The pressure should jump up to 75-95psi, if it doesn't, replace the pump. If it does and the pressure is below 55psi without the return blocked off, the regulator is bad. The regulator is part of the injector, and it isn't cheap. Check with your local dealer, they may cover it. They know that they were high fail items. I've heard of them being covered before.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Hope this is helpful.
David G.

'91 S15 Jimmy 5.7L 4X4
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2001, 05:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Check the pick-up coil in the distributor as it is tied to the fuel injection. I was plagued with a similar situation for a week. Also, under 50,000 miles, Manufacture is required to fix it because of Federal Emissions. Good Luck.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode