Custom exhaust - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2000, 10:52 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Custom exhaust

Okay here is the deal I want to get a cat-back exhaust system for christmas. But nobody makes one for a 1995 2-door 4x4 s-10 Blazer. So I want to have one custom made. How does everone feel about a series 50 Flowmaster muffler with aluminized tubing. Are there any other mufflers that would be better. I also want some advice as to what size tubing I should have them use. I am planning on it being a single side exit system. I would appreciate any input.

Thank You,

Derek Lisabeth

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 17-273623-Mvc-007f.jpg (97.2 KB, 7 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2000, 02:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Custom exhaust

hello,
i just did an exhaust on my 91 S-10 with true duals and headers. But you said that you wanted to do a single side exit pipe. Well from what i know on a stock motora single 2.5 inch pipe and a flowmaster would be good. What kind of sound are you looking for? If you want to go with a nice V8 sound you want to get the 40 series 2 chamber. If you want nice mellow sound then the 50 series would be a good way to go. Are you looking for any performance gains from this? If so get headers, a good high flow cat, and a F&N filter pack. Hope this helps.

MudderS10s
91 S-10 4.3L, 5 speed, 3 inch bodylift, 32" super swapper TSLs, 2 inch rear shackle lift
73 CJ-5 mods- way too many to list
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2000, 03:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

well, if you looking for performance more than sound, then go with the dynaflow muffler... they are tuned better. And the Flowmaster 50 Delta Flow mufflers are "tunned" for SUV applications, and although they don't rumble quite like the 40's do, i think 'mellow' is a bit of an understatement - but thats all subjective.

If you are gonna replace all the pipes, and only want to do it once, then use stainless steel, madrel bent. You'll be much happier with that if you plan to keep the truck.

g'luck

.undertow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2000, 05:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have a single 2 1/2 no cat and a 2 chamber flowmaster with a single pipe coming out in the stock location and it sounds great.

1991 blazer 4 dr 4.3 headers,flowmaster,k&n,31x10.5x15 bfg allterrains
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2000, 06:09 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I would agree with <font color=blue>MuddersS-10</font color=blue> The one I run om my rig is a 40 series and is not too loud on the highway and in town I can still talk to people and listen to my stereo. At low speed (cruising in town) it make a nice hum that sounds like I have a bigger motor, without the drone and harshness of a glasspack

<font color=green>If it ain't broke,let me drive it!</font color=green>
http://www.skyboom.com/Robison
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2000, 06:10 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I would agree with <font color=blue>MuddersS-10</font color=blue> The one I run om my rig is a 40 series and is not too loud on the highway and in town I can still talk to people and listen to my stereo. At low speed (cruising in town) it make a nice hum that sounds like I have a bigger motor, without the drone and harshness of a glasspack. You don't want to put too big a pipe on, the bigger you go the less torque you'll have- 2.5 is good.

<font color=green>If it ain't broke,let me drive it!</font color=green>
http://www.skyboom.com/Robison
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2000, 03:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

On my 89 4.3, I got a new Y-pipe, then ran 2.5" staight back into a Flowmaster Deltaflow 50 dual outlet. Then ran dual tailpipes exiting pointing towards each corner. Has a lot of tone to it. Definitely no rap at all. I really like it. Can't hear the exhaust on the highway with the windows shut, but easy to turn heads horsing it through town. Noticable, but not obnoxcious.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-17-2000, 09:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Might also concider a Flowtech Afterburner I have one on my toyota it 's sounds awesome and isn't too loud- Im gonna add another when I drop the built 4.3 ( maybe a blower too?)

SPEED KILLS BUT YA GET THERE FASTER

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode