Need rear spring measurements - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2000, 04:28 PM Thread Starter

Need rear spring measurements

Hi! Hope you guys around here are as helpful as the SWB Jeep Forum folks. I need to find out a few measurements on rear leaf springs from an '82-'94 (all the catalogs I've seen group these years together) S-truck. I need the width (I think they're right around 2.5" wide), the flat-length of the main leaf (measure center to center on the eyes *through* the arch of the spring, not across the mouth of the arch)...these are the two most critical for me...and if you wouldn't mind, measure from the center pin to the center of each eye and give me both lengths. I used to have an '87 and I *think* the length is around 54" but I don't recall for sure. If that's correct and someone has installed a lift and would like to sell their stock springs that are still laying around, I'd gladly buy them for a reasonable price. TIA for any help you guys can provide.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-29-2000, 08:20 AM Thread Starter

Re: Need rear spring measurements

Thanks anyway. I got the info this morning from another Jeeper. My memory was correct...2.5" wide and 54" long, 3 leaves plus an overload leaf, center pin at 28"/26" in case anyone else needs/wants the info.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode