6" Superlift kit is for all S Trucks ! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2000, 01:55 AM Thread Starter
Addict

6\" Superlift kit is for all S Trucks !

Just to let you know, I talked to R&D today and they ARE releasing a kit for ZR2 Blazer's and ZR2 Pickups as well as Regular S-10's, S-15's, & Blazer's. The price should stay around $1500 for all applications. I will go up there as soon as the multiple shock set up is installed on the Prototype Blazer they have on the rack. I'm going to try one more time to get permission to take a photo or 2 of it. Also, the driveshafts should not need any type of retro fitting or anything like full size trucks do. Our stock driveshafts should be okay. From my understanding the Triple shock setup will be an option and the drop brackets will have provisions made into them already so it can be added at a later date if wanted. I saw the prototype brackets when I was there, but they were not on the vehicle yet. I will update this as it progresses and a release date for the lift. Anyone who reads my posts are welcome to copy and paste this info on any website to inform as many people as possible.

Tom "Deep Sea Diver" Brantley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2000, 07:58 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 6\" Superlift kit is for all S Trucks !

I was wondering if they had said anything about the older model P/U and blazers, I have a 89 Blazer and spoke with the Superlift guys at the Hot Springs Superlift sponsered trail ride and they said nothing at all about any upcoming kits, you would think they would try to get the word out and build up some buzz?

post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2000, 10:59 AM

I was curious if they are going to have an intermdiate lift(say 4") or is the new lift a 4" and gain another 2" with t-bar crankup....I don't really want to go 6 but I think 4 would be absolutely perfect...any input would be appreciated..

Clayton K

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2000, 11:49 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

So, what years does this lift kit cover? 94 and up only? I really like the way this kit is designed, so I may need to go buy a 94! The price sounds great too, only about $500 more than the T-master kit. Thanks for the great info!
A.S.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2000, 01:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks again for the research. That is the way I thought the magazine read. Let us know when and where we can get that kit, when it hits the market.

1995 S10 Truck, 4X4, Ext. Cab, 4.3 Vortec V6, 31/10.5/15 BFG TA's, American Racing rims,3" Trailmaster Body Lift, Westin Side Bars.
Ryan Sharpe.......Denver, CO.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-22-2000, 12:44 AM Thread Starter
Addict

Hey, guys thanks for the comments and questions. This is cool eh? Finally that one crappy magazine won't be able to say bad things about us (S-10 Guys) because some stuff is finally hitting the market. Okay, I'm going to answer all of you guys at once. ZR2guy, I've talked to you before and I'll take care of you 1st. There is no intermediate lift at 4", but you have a good alternative. This is how I was going to get 4" on my Blazer before this all came about. Your sitting about 2" low in the front or about 38.5" to the wheelwell and around 41" in the rear. If you just get the A Arm kit from Superlift for $491, you can bring the front end up about 2.5" or level all the way around. You might be able to squeeze a little more out of the torsion bars without putting them in a bind. Next get a 2" body lift for the other 2". Maximum Altitude up in San Antonio when I went up there said a 3" lift from a regular pickup will work on the ZR2's even though the manufacturers say it won't. Personal choice here I guess. This will give you the 4"-4.5" you need in the front and bring the rear up 2" and level. You can fit 33x12.50's on there all day long this route. You can either go with a 8,9, or 10" wheel from Weld or somewhere, but stay with a 5.5 or stock rear backspacing and if you see after the A arms are installed you can get a 6.5 rear offset go for it. If you get the Weld XP it has extra clearance in the rear for the calipers and should go over the grease fitting on the upper A arm. If not you can upsize to a 16" wheel for only $100 more for the set of 4. They make a 16x9 wheel with a 6.5 rear offset and will handle a 12.50 tire no problem under warranty. It's our ONLY choice with the ZR2's because of the wide stance. With only 4" of lift you will need those tires under the fenders to keep from rubbing on the outside and NO trimming to our flares either. And go to that website that shows how to move the front bumper up 1/4" and forward 3/4" for extra clearance (I have the ADDY if you need it. This is EXACTLY what I'm going to do on my ZR2. And you'll be legal with a BIG tire stuffed under. Go with the Goodyear MTR 33x12.50 and it's only 32.4" tall too. This will help, it's the best tire out there and you can run the stock 3.73 gears too. I'm going with the 35x12.50's which are 34.4 tall and 4.10's and will get away with it. You can get a 33 at Walmart for $157 ea and a 35 for $167 ea. You can also check with Randy at Rocknroadn.com because he's got the same A arm kit and said he will beat Superlifts prices too. You will HAVE to go with a 2-3" longer shock in the front as well. Next for the questions about the year of the kits. My brochure says from 95 up ZR2 trucks, Blazers, and Regular S-10's and S-15's and Blazers. I will find out if this is applicable to the older years. If not they have had a 2" kit and Rough Country has one and the Best thing is probably the 3" Rancho that Weasel has. That and a 3" body lift will get you up to a 41" clearance from the ground to the top of the fenderwell and use the Bushwacker cutouts to open up the wheelwells from 33" to around 36". With all that 33x12.50's will run forever and never rub. And you will have to stay with around a 4.5 backspacing to move the tire out just a little to keep from rubbing the crossbrackets that tie the A arms together on the bottom. At least this is what happens on the Tmaster kits and I believe Weasel has the same on his Centerline H/T's. The ZR2's have ample clearance from the wide track. The one I saw at the R&D shop has 10" rims with beadlocks on it with 33x12.50 BFG MT's and about a 4.5" rear backspacing and the tires stick out about 1.5". NOT LEGAL in most states.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-14-2000, 12:08 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

hey ive got a '95 Zr2 and ive been anticipating this superlift kit... ive got some questions though, seen as u know what ur talkin about... if i got the 6' kit and bought 33's, are there any other modifications i would have to do to keep the tires from rubbing, or having problems with the backspacing and what not, or even the gears with running the bigger tires, though i know the ZR2s would have less problems than standard S10 4x4s... my question may have some holes in it but whatever u could tell me would be great... thanks alot

post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2000, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
Addict

We do have a problem with backspacing. Stock for us is 5.5 backspacing. We need all we can get to stay tucked under because we are wider than a standard S-10. The SEMA Blazer I looked at has a 5" rear spacing 10" rims and they hung out on the rear with 33x12.50 BFG Mt's so the front would be an inch more out from under and that's what cause the rubbing problems. Depending on the new tube upper A arms and bracing if we could run like 6-6.5 rear 10" rim it would be better. They had the front end apart when I was there makin a multi shock hoop set up and the front wheels were off so I couldn't see how much clearance there was. I'm going up there in Jan again and hopefully they will be done with it and I will post it then.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode