Ordered my add-a-leafs for the rear...crank front? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2000, 10:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Ordered my add-a-leafs for the rear...crank front?

I ordered some add-a-leafs from superlift for my blazer today that said they would give 2-2.5 inches of lift in the rear. Does anybody know if these are accurate numbers? How much will I need to crank the torsion bars approximately to level it out?
appreciate it
Cody

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2000, 01:23 AM
Addict

Re: Ordered my add-a-leafs for the rear...crank front?

I have a 99 ZR2 Blazer that I am lifting soon. If you go out to yours and measure from the ground up to the fenderwell opening in the front & then the rear, you should find that you have about a 1.5" squat in the rear from the factory. I have checked a few and found them all to be this way. Then I turned up my torsion bars and could only get about another 1" of lift. The best thing BEFORE you do these adda leafs is this. Go out to your blazer and jump on the front bumper and back to settle it BEFORE you take the settle height measurements. Right down this measurement so you can return it to that height and not have the front end out of alignment until you get finished. Then turn your bars up to almost all the way. Make sure that you check both sides and get it level on both sides when you do this. Usually one bar will go higher than the other and you don't want one side sitting higher than the other. Then do the measurements and see high high you could get or the added NEW height. Then subtract front to rear and see how much squat you have then. Then figure for the worst or a true lift in the rear of 2.5-3" total. The reason I say this is you want to make sure that you won't end up with the rear end higher than the front. If you read back about 1.5 months ago you will see than someone found there Blazer sitting about 2" too high in the rear than the front and had to remove the adda leafs. YOU DO have an alternative IF this happens. Superlift made a 2-2.5" A arm kit for Blazers for the whole truck or you can just get the A arms & bolts to change out the ball joints. The whole kit was only about $400 like from Tyres1 so the Arms would be a lot less by themselves. If you get these and do the add a leafs you should be able to get around a 2.5" lift and combine that with a body lift 33's WILL fit no problem. Also did you get the short adda leaf or the long and what brand? Let me know and maybe I can advise you some more on this.

Tom "Deep Sea Diver" Brantley
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2000, 01:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I dunno if it is the short or long one but it is made my superlift and it was the only one they had listed for my truck (96' blazer) Actually I think my leafs in the rear are a bit worn out cause it looks like it sits about an inch lower in the back. I have a big box with a couple of subs in the back that probably weighs around 80lbs and I have a toolbox that is around 20lbs.
So you think if I put around 2 inches on the rear I could level it out without stressing my torsion bars too much and having problems later?
thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2000, 02:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I cranked my torsion bars and put rear shackles i got two inches out of them that the torsions all the way and the shackles to the last knoch. I got 31's under it, i also have wheel spacers to make room. Thats on my 94 S-10 i'll attach a picture

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 17-266787-MikeO'Reilly2.jpg (55.5 KB, 8 views)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2000, 11:38 PM
Addict

That's okay turning them torsion bars up all the way, but you'll be changing upper ball joints sooner than you think from topping out on full Droop. Rough Country and Superlift both make a 2-2.5" lift with different A Arms up front to compensate for this and to correct the front end alignment. This is only a $575 kit that INCLUDES 4 shocks as well. If all your wanting is 4"-5" lift, then do it right with one of those kits and a body lift.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2000, 11:42 PM
Addict

Oliussw, Like I said the Blazer you have HAS a factory squat built in from the factory for weight transfer. You are probably getting the 2330 Adda leaf from SUperlift that is a long sring and the best way to go. You can probably get around 2" from it alone and maybe get the front end level turning the bars a little. If not then order their A arms for the front and get the front back right with it. And if you need a little more get a 2" body lift for added security.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode