Wheel Spacers - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2000, 10:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Wheel Spacers

Anybody running wheel spacers on a new body style blazer? All i want is to make the back tires even with the front ones. Looks to be about an inch on both sides but Im not quite sure. Anyone know?

Ryan

-I shoulda been a cowboy-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2000, 10:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Wheel Spacers

I would like to add some to my truck to make it a wider stance like a zr2 but I have heard bad stories about them. Would like to hear other people's experiences though

post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2000, 01:45 AM
Addict

Wheel spacers "good ones" can run up there $100's in the price. And the reason the front track is wider than the rear is for performance offroad. You don't want the rear tires riding in the same track the front makes. I posted this a while back and a bunch of people were behind me on this one. Even a SFA is the same way. You basically aren't running in the same RUT the front makes. You could do like some have done and run 10" in the rear and 8" in the front like Walker Evans himself. I don't know what this would do for the rotation of tires though. Myself I'm going to run the most offset to the inside I can to help stop the trimming AND rubbing. You can go as much as a 5.5" rear offset on a stock S-10 4x4 with an 8-10" rim and as much as 6.5" with a ZR2. The stock offset from the factory is 5.5" If you play your cards right and ran a 10" rim with a 5.5 rear offset the tire wouldn't be out much more at all because it lays flat. A stock rim 7" has 5.5 and that leaves 1.5 to the front. Get a 10" rim with the same offset and you only go out 3" more than stock. If you pull your tire and measure from the rotor out with a level and a straight edge, you will find that the rim with 3" flares would actually be underneath. And a 12.50 with tire has 9-10" tread with around a 12.5 sidewall or 1" bulge front & rear. SO the tire will be "stuffed" under and not rub on the inside because it actually is not "bowed up" on that stock 7" rim. It will have less bulge than before with the stock tires. I can prove this from a guy that has an 89 S-10 4x4 with a Tmaster 5" and a 3" body lift and Bushwacker cutout's. He runs a 2.8 with 4.10 gears and 35x12.50 BFG's on 10" rims completely under and they don not EVER rub on the inside on the lift brackets, frame, the fenders, or anything. The trick is to shop around for the right wheel & tire combo AFTER the lift is done. Anyone who reads this post and wants pics let me know and I'll e-mail them. The JPEG is too big too post here.

Tom "Deep Sea Diver" Brantley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2000, 03:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey yeah i'm runnning wheel spacers on my 94 S-10 and i was making it look like a ZR2 thats why i got them. I have 1 inch on the front and 1.5 on the back but i want to go bigger so i'm selling my 1's for 30 a peice if any of you guys want them let me know cause i want to get 2 for the back and move the 1.5 to the front. O and for you guys wondering about strength i have had the truck loaded to the rails and have had no trouble with them no cracking or anything also i only paided about 55 a peice depending on the size and i bought them at www.performancewheel.com. O and for the guy who wants to know if the 1 inch will make the back wheel even with the front they will so if you want mine let me know. But with the 1's on the front the tires rub very little at full lock thats why i'm going bigger also for the look. And the picture i attached thats the only one i have of the back of the truck.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 17-266800-rock.jpg (73.3 KB, 8 views)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-22-2000, 03:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey man i am definetly interested in your spacers, Im not gonna have access to a computer til sunday so drop me an e-mail and i will get back to you when i get back in town.

Ryan

-I shoulda been a cowboy-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode