post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2000, 09:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Post deleted by lake_55

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-19-2000, 12:43 AM
Addict

Re: suspension lift questions

Go to the S-10 4x4 site and download a copy of the instructions for the lifts and look. Then you'll see it's a lost cause trying to make one. Your going to get yourself killed trying to do your own IFS lift too. Not dogging you, it's just that too much research done on these kits to keep all the Geometry correct on the IFS junk and I do mean JUNK. I have them and they are really not a good way to have a 4wd setup. If you want to fab your own kit, please do a SFA and be around for years to come for us to see you online and maybe at a jamboree. There are too many working parts to even consider in a home made IFS lift. Besides, did you know a SFA is really lighter than an IFS front end? Especially when you lift it. And you can put lockers in the front and rear as well as 3.73 to 5.88 gears? If you have a friend that is a good welder then do it right and have a better truck than most of us on these sites do. If you go to the S-10 4x4 site there is articles and pics on 3 different styles of SFA swaps. It truly is the only way to go. If I had older trucks or when my IFS stuff wears out, then that is what will be under my ZR2 for sure. And V8 swaps? Well, and IFS will eat that thing. A SFA will take the abuse anywhere from a DANA 30 with an upgrade all the way to a front & rear 9" reverse rotation high pumpkin set up from Currie. Not that youd'e ever need more than a 44 up front. And wheel and tire selection is 100 times better with a Ford setup. If I keep my 89 ext cab, then it will be the next Big-Bowtie down the road.

Tom "Deep Sea Diver" Brantley
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-19-2000, 12:46 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: suspension lift questions

thanks for the advice I was just curious.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode