Air intake system - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2000, 12:01 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Air intake system

Ok so Im gonna get an intake system in about a month. Any opinions on which one is better K&N or Airraid? To those of you running them is there actually a noticeable difference in the seat of the pants? (Im only 19 thats how i measure these things)

Ryan

-I shoulda been a cowboy-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2000, 01:11 AM
Addict

Re: Air intake system

I can tell you that Gen II I have can be felt for sure on my 99 ZR2 Blazer. You can get it at internet racers supply fro $234. Get the number from the website and call and ask for Teresa. You'll save a ton more than Summit. I got her a sheet fixed up on all the stuff there when I had the 1st ZR2 to get all the stuff I have. Sure, there are other guys with alot of GOOD stuff done to their trucks, but me and Duckass "Kevin" are the only ones that have all the mods I've done that I know of. And he has duals and 33 BFG's and I don't. If you go to this link he shows how to build one indtead of buying one: http://www.higherpowered.net/zr2/docs/intake.html

Tom "Deep Sea Diver" Brantley
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2000, 11:19 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey now.... I resemble that remark!!!![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] I have had the Gen II for over a year and headers for 5 years with full custom bent exhaust.. And I also run 33's.. Electric fan... Jacobs ignition system... bla bla bla... Plus you can go here http:// http://www.desertrat.com/ and get it for under $200.. Its where I got mine a year ago..
I do like the site http://www.higherpowered.net/zr2/docs/intake.html to get it made yourself.. Be like $80 but thats with a keg of beer.. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

-Troy '<font color=red>WeaZle</font color=red>' McCarty

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2000, 12:23 PM
Addict

Okay, I'm busted!!!! But I think I was talking ZR2 stuff HA HA. But as I said there is ALOT of other guys to include you and the guys with V8's that have done alot of other mods. Clue me in on the exhaust deal, Troy? You never told me about that one. How'de you pull that off in Cali? Must be a cat back deal only right? Tom

Tom "Deep Sea Diver" Brantley
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2000, 12:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Weazle, you got a great deal!!! I just got off the phone with Desert Rat and they quoted me $229. Oh well I think im gonna look around for one of those carparts.com coupons i used to have.

Ryan

post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2000, 04:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I remember searching around for it and they had the incredable deal on K&N stuff.. Think they where having a sale on them or something but thats a while back.. Age is not helping my memmory any [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img].. I would go with making your own.. The reason why they are so expencive is because of the CARB legal tag.. If your don't have the Cali laws on smog then dont worry or if you do then just swap it back to stock before the check..

My exhaust is as follows.. Edelbrock headers with modified y pipe to a short 2.5" piece to the orig cat (now hollow because of cloging, bad injectors).. 2.5 back from there to a Flowmaster 50 series I thinktehn 2.5 out.. I had one of those big crome tips on it(really cool sound.. don't believe I admitted that..)[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img] Then just hacked it off one day[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img].. NO COMMENTS!!! My neighbors came out of their houses and clapped.. Nothing quiet about my truck but that tip was just too much.. Cops tured their heads to often, im going back to invisable mode..[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Helps to have a good friend that owns a PERFORMANCE muffler shop.. He mainly works on classics and racers..

post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2000, 05:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Tom and Troy (Diver and Weazle whatever)
I know both of yall are running a body lift just like me, but heres the deal I saw on one of the project vehicles on here that the filtercharger kit wouldnt work on a vehicle with a body lift, so i called K&N and the tech guy said that it wouldnt work on any vehicle with a body lift. Is this right? Did yall have to modify yours to work? I need to know pretty quick b/c i found a 33% off coupon for carparts.com but i dont know when it runs out.

Thanks, Ryan

post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2000, 05:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Do you have CPI or TBI?? With the CPI the manifold intake is verticle.. When I look at it I can see into the hole.. On Trottle Body the manifold is horizontal.. You have to get on top to look down in.. I would think a small 'spacer' would work for the TB.. My CPI unit didn't have any problems at all cept it rubs the wiper tank a little..

post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2000, 05:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have no idea which i have, and since its raining and i dont have a garage, i guess I will have to wait til tommorrow. Hey diver what do you have? Same as Weazle or the other one? Did you have to make mods?

Ryan

post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2000, 06:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Make it easy for ya.. 91-94 are the years that had CPI.. And oh by the way those had the most HP of all s-10's cept the turbo but those had CPI also.. Hheheheheheh grunnnt grunnt.. Go here http://s10-4x4.com/engspc.shtml

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode