s-10 springover? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-15-2000, 06:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

s-10 springover?

just wondering if anyone has ever done a springoveron an s_10. kinda thinking about doing one

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-15-2000, 06:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: s-10 springover?

My Rancho kit does that to lift the rear.. I say about 4" of lift.. Need 2 1/2* shim to fix vibes.. If you have the two peice drive shaft good luck.. Had to buy a new one peice..

-Troy '<font color=red>WeaZle</font color=red>' McCarty

post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-15-2000, 11:11 PM
Addict

Re: s-10 springover?

Yea, Weasel is right there. He sent me all the correct angles on getting it right on the rear too. The best bet would be to cut off the old perches and weld up new ones instead of a Tmaster type flip/bolt on deal. There is a bulletproof(if there is such a thing) set of instructions on how to make your own here and pics too. Okay, one of you guys repost this for me to clicky, clicky please. But here it is.
And attached is a picture of Mark Hall's Bad-Bowtie rear springs done this way as well as his self made add a leaf deal for 4 more inches of lift too. And by the way this will cure the spring wrap up. Also, Superlift has a Add a leaf that goes between the eye spring and 2nd spring for 2-3" and is real thick like my ZR2 springs. If you hung this in there all the spring wrap up would go away. Throw those lift shackles in the trash because you would be killing 2 birds with one stone. Ask me and I've done the research on what these guys have done for us already. If I had the money I would have one fire breathing machine by doing what the guys before us have done all in one stroke of the checkbook. HA HA Tom
http://www.off-road.com/chevy/tech/perch/

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 17-263178-MarkHall'srearsprings.jpg (49.5 KB, 8 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode