31" boggers vs. 32" Ground hawgs - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2000, 01:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

31\" boggers vs. 32\" Ground hawgs

hey guys,
It that time again. Time for new tire on the rig. Well im looking for some good mud tires that don't have to have the greatest road manners. I was thinking about the boggers and the ground hawgs. Which in your option is better, the bogger is a 31x12.5x15 and the hawg is a 32x11.5x15. Either these or some nice custom cut tire, however not DOT legal. Thanks for the help.

MudderS10s
91 S-10 4.3L, 5 speed, 3 inch bodylift, 32" super swapper TSLs, 2 inch rear shackle lift
73 CJ-5 mods- way too many to list
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-15-2000, 10:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 31\" boggers vs. 32\" Ground hawgs

Just my $.02 but IMHO the Ground Hawgs suck! I still have a set of 38.5" ones on 16.5 rims that are unuseable. The Boggers are soo much better, especially custom cut! The boggers are loud and kind of weird on the road(maybe not 31s)but will kick Ground Hawg ass off road! Look how many true off roaders run Boggers compared to GHs. The facts speak for themselves!
A.S.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2000, 11:50 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well from my experiance running 33'' boggers I know that you don't get very many milesout of them!
The best I have got so far is about 7k miles.Thats everyday driving on and off road and with rotating
them every 500k miles.Boggers are very picky about air pressure. If one tire is a little off its going
to make one hell of a rough ride.The more they wear down the more there going to grab spots in the
road and will probably make you look like your driving drunk or stoned!But I will admit its the best tire
off raod for mud and rocks.Oh yeah I forgot you will need to re gear or something because they need
a lot of horsepower to pull them through mud because its a very thick and heavy!!
Hope this helps!!

LIL ZILLA SAYS HAPPY TRAILS!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2000, 03:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

hey guys,
Thanks for your options. What wrong with the ground hawgs? My buddy's father ran them on his mud racing jeep. They were 40" and he could not be beat locally. but i guess options from other do mean something. I would love to run 33" but height limit laws don't permit enough height to fit them. so i guess it 31" until they change something. What rim size do you reccomend for a 31x12.5x15. Oh i also have 4.10s should i go with 4.56 or the 4.10 be fine. I hope these tires kick a$$ they are expensive. Thanks again.

MudderS10s
91 S-10 4.3L, 5 speed, 3 inch bodylift, 32" super swapper TSLs, 2 inch rear shackle lift
73 CJ-5 mods- way too many to list
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2000, 04:22 PM
TEX

<font color=purple>Your dad wouldn't be winning many races THESE days on Ground Hawgs, unless he had THAT much more engine than everyone in his class. The current formula for deep mud on a mud racing Jeep is Swampers front & Boggers rear. For YOUR truck, I'd suggest Swampers at all 4 corners instead of Boggers OR Ground Hawgs. 32X9.50 TSL's will outperform either of the other two choices on an S-10 in mud. Give 'em a shot! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]</font color=purple>

TEX

http://sites.netscape.net/gumboracing

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode