Looked at the Superlift 6" ZR2 lift at their plant - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2000, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
Addict

Looked at the Superlift 6\" ZR2 lift at their plant

Well, boy's & girls, Tom's at it again!!!! Superlift is in Louisiana and so am I, so I went to Monroe today and looked at the new 6" kit on the SEMA SHOW 2000 ZR2 Blazer today!!! Well, it should be released by the end of next month to the public. I am sending photos of the brochure on here to go with it. Here's the Skinny.... It's a real beefed up version of a T Master kit, but not in pieces like theirs on the mounts & stuff, solid crossbracing all the way. They wouldn't let me get photos, but, it has a adda leaf in the rear between the eye spring & 2nd spring out of a full-size that is thick like our springs and a bolt on spring flip block kinda like a Tmaster kit. Then a steel braided brake line on it. "Not a quote on that, the tech guy was out and the other tech guy said he thought that the braided line went with it for the rear." And 2 big shocks for the front & rear. There are sway bar relocation brackets that are done right and look factory. The Tbar crossmember is re-used and lowered, but not hung by rubber like stock and solid and side support too, REAL NICE. On the front the prototype had a stock upper A arm on the left which is being replaced by tube Arms. It had a tube one on the right and the R&D guy had 2 new ones on the table alreaady bent for both sides and a dual shock hoop laying there for them. The Tube A arm that was bolted in place on the right for now had the provisions welded in place for the dual setup but not finalized yet. Next, they should clear the rear factory offset no problem from the same configuration almost as the stock A arm, but tube. The longer shocks that were on there were relocated almost straight up and down and moved in with a nice bracket that fits inside the stock tower and a lower bracket that bolts around the lower A arm. The upper relocation brackets had gusset braces in one bracket as of now and not both, but as I said this is the prototype and still being added to. The original for the show used the stock upper A arms and all that was in tact and looked good enough for sale "as is". But they ARE providing us with Tube ones. Next is a new centerlink that has dual links to keep it strong. There will be an optional steering stabilizer that will replace the stock one that looked good. The "optional Skid plate was nothing but an added plate on the bottom of the whole thing and still had the factory composite one above it. I suggested how 'bout a toal rebent replacement skid plate to cover all the bottom and turn up to replace the factory one too. But as I said the project manager for this kit was not available for comment and it may get that. For the front brake lines it had 2 6" extensions that go between the rubber lower and top steel. I don't know if we will get braided to replace that either. This truck was built in short of 2 weeks and hauled to Cali for the show. The one in the scans I'm posting was the real Macoy that was beat to death, "notice the broken centercap" and was a stick shift. The exhaust has to be routed around the front driveshaft of course. The stick was a perfect truck with NO TROUBLES "AT ALL". This show truck is an automatic and had noticeable driveshaft vibration below 45 MPH. When I looked at it the stock rear drive shaft looks too short. The guy said they had played with the pumpkin alot before and couldn't get it out and thought the driveshaft was bent or not balanced or something. It may also be too short he said. Right now they don't know. But all the Z71's have to get a drivshaft fixup by the owners when you get a 6" lift. So, for now, we have to wait and see if the bug is worked out and he didn't know or what. I'm going to call next week and talk to the guy personally that's R&Ding the ZR2's. They have done trucks and no problems and I saw pics of them. Just the Blazer is so short. Not a quote but the price is hovering around $1400 with everything included & waiting to see on the driveshaft bug. They want to have the multiple shock setup finished before releasing it to the public so you can have the option right up front. As I said, I will call and find out for everybody. I was told the guy is kinda slow, but I've seen his work and it's worth the wait. This truck has no body lift and 33 BFG on 10" rims almost under it and will do 35's no problem. If you call about it you won't find out more than I have put here. Plus I have a guy on the inside that works days and nights there. I will keep eveyone posted. It's a 3.5 hour drive for me to see. As for the 2" ZR2 kit like Rocknroadn, it's available now for $490.11 in stock.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 17-259677-SuperliftZR2lift.jpg (92.9 KB, 7 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2000, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
Addict

Re: Looked at the Superlift 6\" ZR2 lift at their plant

Follow up of brochure. Call me @ (337)-406-1712, or e-mail me @ [email protected] for more info or post here. Also, I would prefer a shoft phone call, because it may be ALOT easier for you and me instead of typing alot of questions, but I'll do my best.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2000, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
Addict

Forgot this.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 17-259689-Superliftinfo.jpg (87.2 KB, 5 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-11-2000, 08:24 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Is this lift for ZR2's only. Believe the mag stated s10/s15 also, is that correct. Also is that 6" without cranking up the torshon bars? Glad to see ya back Tom (Diver) you seem to have all the answers and new info. Thanks!!!

1995 S10 Truck, 4X4, Ext. Cab, 4.3 Vortec V6, 31/10.5/15 BFG TA's, American Racing rims,3" Trailmaster Body Lift, Westin Side Bars.
Ryan Sharpe.......Denver, CO.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-11-2000, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Addict

Ryan, Tom here again. As to my knowledge these are for ZR2's only because they haven't been available before now. The truck I looked at is a 2000 ZR2 Blazer and the 2 pickups they did these kits on are Pickups that I saw the photos of. I will find out this week for everyone though. Your right the way the brochure reads sounds like Reg ones too. But the frame is different on reg ones and the rear springs and stuff too. The adda leaf for this kit is actually off of a full size truck and is as thick as a ZR2 spring. So my guess is what they meant to say was GMA Highrider S-15's and S-10 pickups. I will tell them they need to change that brochure too to avaid confusion. To my understanding this was a make-shift for a handout for the SEMA show anyway. Tom

post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-13-2000, 12:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hehe[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img].. I want to know more on that speed sensor in the brochure..

-Troy '<font color=red>WeaZle</font color=red>' McCarty

post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2000, 01:45 AM Thread Starter
Addict

The explanation, which I held one in my hand at the shop, is; it switches from #1 say on a wheel tire combo for the street and a #2 setting for larger diameter offroad size tire to correct the speedo and nothing more. It would be far better to me to have my programmer that does all this plus power, shift points ect. But I payed $299 for it. But, it made a BIG difference getting it all right. And after I go with the 35x12.50 Goodyear MTR's that really are 34.4" in diameter it will REALLY pay off. The max tire size it will correct is a 34" the manual says, but hell .2 won't make any difference at all.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode