A Proposal - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-09-2000, 09:16 PM
SRN

A Proposal

As most of you know, the ballot recount in Flordia is becomeing more and more volitile. The Gore campaign and its supporters are not only calling for ANOTHER ballot recount, but for a REVOTE!
As we all should know at this point, that is completely unfair. If this happens it very well could tip the balance toward Gore, and we all know the ramifications of this!
Now, my proposal is this: If it is approved, and these counties in question are allowed to revote, we, the members of this community should rally for a revote as well, not just in our counties or states, but across the nation.
This is the only fair way for a situation such as this to be resolved.
So I ask you, as respectable American citizens, to demand a national revote if this situation arises.
Thank you,

SRN
'86 Samurai "Simple Sami MK2"
http://home.off-road.com/~zukinet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2000, 11:59 AM
BigAl

Re: A Proposal

You know this is really disturbing, and I am glad you said something about it. First a little observation.

How can someone say that the internal combustion engine is "public enemy #1"? What are we all going to ride horses around? Think about how much worse the environment would be with horse$hit everywhere from everyone's horse, not to mention all the food that would have to be wasted on these creatures! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] Horse insurance would be expensive! You would have less control of a horse and you would have more of a chance of injury. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] I say this jokingly but I am serious, this may have been.

I think Gore should bike around [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] (or drive electric cars) and not fly in Air Force 2 since the engines are doing so much harm. In fact, everyone working for him should do this. What a hypocrite! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img] With all his travels (including flying) he does more damage than most people who travel a lot.

Now, about this Florida dilemma. If there is voter fraud, by all means it needs to be corrected. However, if a voter is an idiot and punches extra holes, too bad. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] They could have asked for help with their ballot and if needed, received a new one. When I voted the first thing the ballot said was if you make a mistake, get another ballot. A women was quoted as saying, "It was confusing...and I have a doctorate." [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] This argument has a false cause fallacy (no causal relationship). People with no more than a high school diploma could figure it out. She should have educated herself on how to follow directions. Have you seen the ballot? It is not confusing, unless you were rushing to do it and didn't take your time nor follow the directions. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Just like anything else in life with directions. Try to change your water pump for the first time with out directions and you are in a hurry. Gore is mad because his name was third on the ballot but hey, if it was second he would be on the right side of the ballot and not under Bush, where I think was an appropriate place for him. Is this an valid argument? Only if it is against the law and last I heard it wasn't. I think there could be an argument if a Republican official approved this ballot in order to mislead but the fact is a Democrat official did. Why wasn't it challenged earlier? The fault is on the official. The news/Democrats are making the Republicans look like it's their fault, etc., and they are making the US look bad in the eyes of other countries around the world.

What it boils down to is the Democrat officials not saying something earlier and the voters for their unfortunate ignorance. Maybe the Democratic party will double check all the ballots in the future and send brochures out to all eligible voters (Smart Start) [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] about how to vote. Ignorance or mistake is not a valid defense. Now if it was fraud or intentional deception, that is another case.

I have to run to class so I will have to finish this later.

Al [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

'87 Jimmy 4X4 2.8L [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2000, 12:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

First of all the ballot was approved by the democrats before the election. Second of all it was printed in the newspaper down there so if people had questions they could ask them before the election, and third (this is my favorite) this lady got 2 copies of the ballot off of the internet or whatever and told her 6 year old twins to bubble in the circle for gore, guess what, they got it right. Not to mention the huge arrows that pointed to the corresponding hole.

Sorry for the rant, but its friggin ridiculous.

Ryan

-I shoulda been a cowboy-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2000, 02:50 PM

<font face="Comic Sans MS">The following picture file shows how the FL ballot should have read:
<center></center>
</font>

Tim
ORC Land Use columnist
My November article on ORC

http://www.off-road.com/land
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2000, 06:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Someone sent me this:

Subject: Florida to be removed from US

WASHINGTON D.C. - Following an emergency meeting Tuesday morning, Congress unanimously voted to excise Florida from the United States of America. The move was a reaction to the confusion and irregularities in the state's voting numbers that have totally disrupted the 2000 Presidential election.

"This is the last straw," said Utah senator Orin Hatch.
"First Elian Gonzales, now this."

Several congressmen told reporters the decision has been a long time coming.

"We're all pretty much sick of Florida," said representative Barney Frank.

"They've been a constant embarrassment for too long now."
Added Frank,
"They had Dan Marino for a while, but what have they done
lately? Oh that's right, screw up our entire democracy. I forgot"

In a speech on the Senate floor, Massachusetts senator Ted Kennedy commented that the loss of Florida's sizable elderly population will free up billions of dollars in social security funds.
"These are valuable funds which can now be redirected toward national defense. We can finally rebuild our demoralized, weakened military," said the Senator to roaring applause.

From her New York campaign headquarters, freshly elected senator Hilary Clinton echoes the sentiments of her future colleagues on Capitol Hill, calling Florida "a hurricane-addled hellhole full of scheming Cuban immigrants."

"Learn f***ing English already, you banana boat bums," Clinton added.

As a result of the Florida screw-up, the House and Senate decreed a new election will take place in early December. This time, ballots in each state will be tabulated by robots.

"It is clear that our human vote-counting system is too inherently flawed," said Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert. "The presence of these new, superior robot mast - err, I mean - tabulators will ensure 100% accuracy."

"Remember," said Hastert, "every vote counts, especially if it's counted by robots."

Dynamiting will begin in Florida next Wednesday, after which the state will be completely geographically separated from the United States.

"After that, they're on their own," said Hastert. "I hope they sink. F***ers."

-Troy '<font color=red>WeaZle</font color=red>' McCarty

post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-11-2000, 03:19 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Weazle, That was waaaayyy toooooooo funny!!!

http://www.skyboom.com/Robison
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-11-2000, 04:26 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Being stationed overseas (England) I must say this whole process is quite embarassing. It is all over the local news and papers here. The U.S. is looking quite silly. Well hopefully no matter what comes of the recounts and more recounts our absentee ballots from overseas will make the difference. There are many many military voters who claim Florida as our home state (no state taxes) and the majority of us support Bush. So hopefully when all is said and done and Gore and the incapable of reading a ballot people quit whining Bush will be over the top. Marty

Marty O.
89 2.8L S-10 Blazer 3" Body LIft
01 Jeep Cherokee stock
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-11-2000, 11:05 AM

martyo,

First off, thanks for being in the military... so I don't have to! My dad was in the Marine Corps for 31 years.

Regarding Florida. I kinda of agree on their state law about a recount, assuming that everything was run properly in the first place. If it's too close to call (under .5 percent difference), they recount to make sure.

So we have a bunch of people in Florida who are "confused". They accidentally voted for Buchanan instead of Gore. ALL OF THEM? C'mon, something stinks there. From what I read and seen, they all figured that they had to vote for the Vice President as well. So they punched two holes that looked like one for Pres. and one for the Veep. Forget about those silly little arrows that pointed to the holes lined up at each section to each punched hole.

Get a clue, ladies. If they're too stupid to figure out that 1.) they should have checked their ballots after they punched them for inaccuracies, and 2.) YOU DON'T VOTE FOR A VEEP, things would have been better off. Since they punched two holes their votes didn't count for anything anyway. Blame it on stupidity.

I think we're going to see a new style for counting the votes in the very near future. No more of these extremely OLD voting booths. No more punch cards. Something simple so that every moron has a chance to vote for someone they have no clue about. And as an American I have to give them that right or we are not created equal. The problem is that there are so many morons that the system is never going to work.

Weazle. That "article" that you posted was frickin' hilarious!!!

J.R. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

http://members.xoom.com/desertride/index.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode