The end is near... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2000, 07:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The end is near...

Well my S-10 driving brethren, the end is near. And by the end I mean the end of good gas mileage. I bought a (drum roll) 1977 Chevrolet 350 Small Block V8 (that felt good, really good, I'll say it again). I bought a Chevy 350 Small Block V8. It's bored .30 over to make it a 355, everything in it is performance, Weiand intake, forged pistons, ect., and for only $500. I got it from a friend who had it in a 87 Jeep Wrangler then replaced it with a blown 383 strowker. All I have to get is the special oil pan from Advanced Adapters, an oil pump, heads, and a carbuerator. And it will be a complete engine. In the Jeep this engine had around 380-400hp. I'm going to put a set of Dart cast iron heads and a Holley 700 double pumper carb on it. It's going to rule, I can't hardly contain myself. I have a picture of it, check it out. It's really dark because of my crapy digital camera but I'll get better pictures of it soon. The short block is in the middle, pistons on the right in the box, above that is a box with the timeing chain, fly wheel, and cam shaft in it. On top of that is the intake. To the left of the engine there is a box with the Holley valve covers in it and on top of that is a box with a water pump and other misc things like timing chain cover.

Lack of engine proformance equals a limp shaft.
http://members.home.com/jm8881/blazer.html
Attached Images
File Type: gif 17-257723-Endofworld.gif (42.2 KB, 7 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-09-2000, 01:06 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: The end is near...

Cool! Hope your gonna hop up your tranny too, though. The 355 I had was mild compared to that BEAST! I had 305 heads and low compression. I hope your axles will handle that HP! Good Luck!
A.S.
1989 S-10 4x4 4.3
1989 SBlazer 4x4 4.3
1985 S-10 4x4 2.8 31's

post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-09-2000, 08:09 AM

Grunt! Grunt! Grunt!

Cool deal!

Aside from the tranny like 355 mentioned, are you planning on doing something special with the axles and driveshafts? Tell us your master plan! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

J.R. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

http://members.xoom.com/desertride/index.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-09-2000, 06:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well this will be a long and hard process but I hope to upgrade the trany to a beefed up 700R4 or maybe a TH475. Eventually the whole drive train will probably be replaced. With what? I do not know yet. But first I'll get the engine in. If everything goes according to plans, I'll have it in in about 2-3 months.

Lack of engine proformance equals a limp shaft.
http://members.home.com/jm8881/blazer.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode