Lifting a Blazer - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2000, 10:21 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Lifting a Blazer

I guess Chevy compromised clearance when they gave us comfort.

Anyway, I just destroyed a skid plate, oil pan and tranny pan going over a small-looking rock...which turned out to be quite large when it rolled out of the groud! Try to get a jacked Blazer off a 12 in diameter rock with the factory jack. My boyscout enginuity came in handy!

Anyways, while I wait for the parts to show up, I figured I'd ask the experts (that's you) if anyone did a lift-job on their Blazer. I only want a few inches (~4 in). What would you suggest? What kind of budget am I looking at?

Details:
96 Blazer 4x4, 4.3L Vortek, standard size tires.

Thanks guys,

Snafoo

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2000, 10:36 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Lifting a Blazer

What type of Blazer are we talkin here? The newer body style or the old? Fill out your profile, it will help when people respond to your questions.

Ryan

-I shoulda been a cowboy-
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2000, 11:55 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Take a look at lil zilla's post about his recept here:
http://bbs.off-road.com/wwwthreads//showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=offroadchevysmall&Number=25 4911&page=2&view=collapsed&sb=5

It will open your eyes a bit.. Any one who has lifted a S-10 has gone through this..

-Troy '<font color=red>WeaZle</font color=red>' McCarty

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2000, 12:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

$3500 ?!!! It'll cost me $40 to change the pans, and a few sledge-hammer swings to straighten out the skid plate.
I don't want to go rock climbing with my truck, just a little more clearance when I go off road. Is there anything I can do for ~$200 (excluding tires of course, they have to go soon anyway).

By the way, how to I change my "title"...I am listed as a stranger...which I find a little offensive! I'm at least an enthousiast!

post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2000, 12:42 PM

The only way to change your title is to post more... I think at 25 or 50 posts your title changes to newbie then i think enthusiast is next...

My title is currently the highest possible title there is...

About the only way to gain more clearance is a lift, but them be expensive. You could bodylift and put bigger tires on there, which would gain a little... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Tim
ORC Land Use columnist
My August article on ORC

http://www.off-road.com/land
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2000, 01:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Only thing you can do with $200 is a bodylift and a keg of beer for your friends when they help.. 2" or 3" is whats available.. That way you can fit 31's to 32 maybe.. Get one with bumper relocation mounts and anything but Miller Light..
About the title keep talking, it will get bigger as you get bigger.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

-Troy '<font color=red>WeaZle</font color=red>' McCarty

post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2000, 06:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I just tossed some 31" tires on factory rims on my 95 blazer and it gave me a little more room.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2000, 06:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I just tossed some 31" tires on factory rims on my 95 blazer and it gave me a little more clearance...they only rub on full turns.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2000, 06:59 PM
Old Hand

You could always crank up the torsion bars, and get extended shackles for the rear to get 2" of lift for 15 bucks. 31's would give you another 1" -1.5" over stock. Hope this helps.

John
Red 89 Ranger 4x4, 2" lift
Dad's Red 97 Chevy 2500 H.D.
Grandpop's Tan 85 F-150 "tanbuddy"
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2000, 06:38 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

<font color=blue>Check these links out. This sounds like what you want to do. If you do a body lift I would say to just d0 the 3" and not worry about it. I did the 2" first and then did the 3" a year latter. The 3" is a bit of work if you do not know what you are doing, but most can figure it out. The hit fit chart is from info that people gave us and it all sems to be pritty right on the numbers. I spent $2000 on my trail master kit. That was the kit and to have it put on by the shop. I added a pic of my truck with 33 suppers swampers on it. It get's 36's next year.
Have fun!
http://S10-4X4.COM/HitFit/
http://S10-4X4.COM/EasyLift/
Diesel22</font color=blue>

<font color=blue>Jeff Henderson
Asst Webmaster @ s10-4x4.com
The best s10 websight is www.s10-4x4.com
My home www.geocities.com/diesel22_us
www.off-road.com/chevy/tech/snorkel/</font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 17-259020-ramparkflx1.JPG (18.8 KB, 7 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode