GET OUT AND VOTE!!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-07-2000, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

GET OUT AND VOTE!!!

If you are at this BBS, then you have your duty to your country and your fellow wheelers to get out and vote! If you don't vote, you don't have the right to complain about all the crap that goes on in the white house.
vote for Bush if you want to keep this wonderful "sport" of off-roading.

Craig

'89 S-10 4.3L 31" Yoko M/Ts
'88 Kawasaki Mojave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-07-2000, 05:47 PM

Re: GET OUT AND VOTE!!!

There's still an hour and 15 minutes left in the Eastern time zone to vote, if you haven't already voted for Bush then go out and do so NOW!!!

I was in line at 0630 this morning waiting... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Tim
ORC Land Use columnist
My August article on ORC

http://www.off-road.com/land
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-07-2000, 06:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: GET OUT AND VOTE!!!

Think of it as preventive maintenance to your 4by!!! If you love the outdoors, and the ability to utilize it you gotta vote Bush!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-07-2000, 08:35 PM

VOTE!!! -- or how I almost got screwed...

I did my duty after work, but I thought I would share this PLEASANT experience with you...

I registered to vote a year ago when my DMV registration was up. They had a check box and I checked it. Nothing showed up... Of course, I never bothered to check to make sure that I was registered...

Went to my polling place, conveniently across the street from my apartment (and I appreciate that).

I'm not on the list, so they can make me a "provisional voter" so I still get to vote. All they needed was a picture ID.

WELLLLLLLL, I don't have a picture ID at this time. The court has it because I made the mistake of taking responsibility for my actions when I got that Speeding over 100 mph ticket (I'm in San Diego county). So they pulled my card for 30 days. No picture ID, unless you count the Virtual NASCAR simulator license I have! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Luckily there was someone there who could look up the requirements. All they needed was two forms of documents showing me I was who I was. A valid vehicle registration and some mail (bills) addressed to me and I was valid.

SO, to make a long story not so much short... I got my opportunity to vote. But I thought I was gonna be screwed! I'm very happy with the opportunities that were given to me to allow me to vote!

J.R. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

http://members.xoom.com/desertride/index.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode