2000 s10 body lift - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-06-2000, 01:09 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

2000 s10 body lift

hey guys just wanted to let every one know, b/c there have been some questions about this in the past...

i just got a 2" body lift on my 2000.1 2wd s10 with a set of american racing rock crawlers and 30*9.50 BFG MT... any how ppl have been wondering if the tires will rub... well yes, at a full lock the tires to rub, which is expected... but trust me the tires more than make up for it in the mud!! i should have some pics of the truck soon....
-David

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-06-2000, 10:04 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 2000 s10 body lift

Are those Rock Crawlers the NASCAR looking black powdercoated ones? Are they pretty heavy? I love the look of them, but was concerned with the weight compared to an aluminum wheel. I really need some 15x8s on my 85. The sidewalls bulge too much on the 15x7s! Are the centers of the wheels pretty thick? Post some pics when you can, we'd all love to see it, sounds cool!
A.S.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-06-2000, 03:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

yeap those are the ones

not sure on the actuall weight.. they are heavier than aluminum though.. the weight of my truck (or lack of weitght) makes up for it though..

the off road shop that did my work recommended the wheel b/c 1.) i was on a budget, and its a good wheel for the money.

the centers are pretty thick.. im not to familier on what a good off road rim should have though...

personally i love 'um..

hehe .. pictures are on the way... i dont have a scanner so they are being developed to cd as we speak.

-David

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-06-2000, 09:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yeah, on a 2wd, your front bearings can handle the weight better, and if not they're fairly cheap to replace. Cool, I know we're all just waiting to see a 2000 2wd lifted! I may hold off on them until I get the Dana 30 front on the 85 though, as I don't need to replace $150 wheel bearings on the IFS. They sound like a great wheel though. I know when I ran a Street Stock car on dirt, Bart wheels were what we ran with an almost 1" thick center and 1" diameter long studs, and they were beat severly, but never bent or broke. Ahh, those were the days! Anyway, thanks for the info. My next wheels will be AR's.
A.S.
1989 S10 4x4
1985 S10 4x4 31" Sport Kings
1989 S10 4x4 31" BFG A/TKOs

post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-07-2000, 08:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

yeah bud, get those pics up. i put the 2" body lift on my 2000 2wd a few months ago and do to an unexpected expense, i havent been able to do the tire/wheel thing yet. so im still running on the 205's (looks sorta funny). i was thinking about going with bfg 235's, do you think those will rub? they should be 1" smaller than the 30's. HURRY WITH THE PICS, I WANT TO SEE!

Jonathan Rogers
[email protected]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-11-2000, 01:55 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

got the pics up now..... http://users2.ev1.net/~infrared/s10pics.htm

not an acually web page Yet! just put all the pics on one page.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2000, 02:04 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

How noisy are those new BFG MT's on the highway? I've been thinking about getting a set.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2000, 02:42 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

road noise is minimal.. windows roald up and radio at a low volume you can hear a low hum... tell you the truth i love the way it sounds.... i have had the tires for about 3 weeks now.. drive the freeway atleast 4 times a week and it doesnt bother me yet....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode