headers? for 4.3L 89 blazer S-10 4x4 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-05-2000, 11:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

headers? for 4.3L 89 blazer S-10 4x4

im planning to buy headers for my blazer to get some ponnies back but i dont know wish ones to choose, headman or edelbrock... the other thing is that i dont know if theres a difference in headers for 4WD AND 2WD...
im planning to bye the crane cams hi-6 with the ps-92 coil. does it worth it.. or should i buy MDS
thanx for your help...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-06-2000, 09:52 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: headers? for 4.3L 89 blazer S-10 4x4

If you want headers that won't leak, or rust out get JBAs. As for the igntion, I have used both very successfully. I like the MSD 6AL myself because its cheap and has a programmable soft-touch rev limiter. Yes theres a big difference in 4wd and 2wd headers. The Crane is pretty much a copy of the MSD. Just my $.02
A.S.
89 S10 4x4 4.3
89 Blazer 4x4 4.3 31"BFGs
85 S-10 4x4 2.8

post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-06-2000, 12:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have hedman headers on my 91 4.3 and they were 99.00 bucks from summit compared to almost 200 for edelbrocks.The hedmans are full length so you have to modify your y pipe quite a bit if you want to run single exhaust(like i did).

1991 blazer 4 dr 4.3 headers,flowmaster,k&n,31x10.5x15 bfg allterrains
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-06-2000, 12:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

GO with the JBA..I have the Edelbrock and nothing about their performance is bad but they rust fairly quick.. I have had one major leak already that I had repaired.. Edelbrock is a 1 year warranty.. The JBA are nickel coated and a full lifetime warranty.. You will not EVER want to take these thing off again.. Trust me.. Almost pulled the motor out a little to make it easier..
JBA makes about 10 different headers for the 4wd truck and blazer with the 4.3L.. Diff years, fits, body/suspention lift whatever..

-Troy [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]'<font color=red>WeaZle</font color=red>'[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] McCarty
http://www.tbrs.com/zrschmoo/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode