33's on a 95' blazer with 5" lift - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-02-2000, 07:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

33\'s on a 95\' blazer with 5\" lift

What backspacing do I need to run 33's on my truck. I found some rims with 3 1/4" backspacing, will they work. Please let me know what you know. What does it mean on the hit and miss chart when they say neutral backspacing?

Thank You

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-02-2000, 08:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 33\'s on a 95\' blazer with 5\" lift

I bought spacers for my truck 1.5 on the back and 1 on the front. With 31's and they rub on the frame on the front so i'm figuring your gonna need something pretty big. I also lifted my 94 S-10 two inches.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-02-2000, 10:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Wheres Weazle at when you need Him? I think hes running 33s with his 5" lift, but I think hes got a body lift too. They'll still rub the frame behind the wheel at full turn though. Just my $.02
A.S.
1989 S10 4x4 2" sus 235s
1989 Blazer 4x4 2" sus 31x10.50BFG A/T KOs
1985 S10 4x4 3" body 31" SportKings

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-03-2000, 01:23 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

HI There, I'm currently running 31's on a 95' Jimmy w/ 5" trailmaster lift. My wheel backspacing is 3 3/4 or something like that. I've had to trim about 3 inches off the fender and still rub when getting articulated. I would need another 2-3"s of lift to get 33's. I think the stock rims are a neutral backspacing and that's like 4.5"-5"s. I am going back to my stock rims here shorlty to take the pressure off my ball joints. Well hope this helps not confuses!!

post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-03-2000, 03:08 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

If you plan on running 33's with 5'' of lift, trust me you will need to do some extensive
fender trimming!!!! I have 33x14.00x15 boggers on a 5'' trailmaster plus a 3'' warn body
lift and still rub a little under compressed suspension! What size wheels are you planning
getting because that will also be important to think about.Mine ars 15x8. 15x10 would
be a lot of extensive stress on ball joints due to the leaverage they make.Heres a pic of
LIL ZILLA

LIL ZILLA SAYS HAPPY TRAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 17-253100-Zilla11.jpg (28.4 KB, 9 views)
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-03-2000, 11:28 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey.. No talking big tires without me!!! Ok here we go.. HOw wide do you want those 33's.. They make the 12.5's and the 9.5's.. If you go with teh skinny a`4" BS would be perfect.. If you go with the 12.5 then you will have problems.. Im running 3" suspension, 2" body, and SAW t-bars cranked an extra 2" for about 7" of lift.. 33x12.5x15's adorn my Centerline HT cast 15x8's with 3 3/4" BS.. I still had to trim about 5" of fender and wheel well all the way to the cab floor.. More BS cold be worse in that at full lock the lugs from the muds hit frame.. Next thing you might want to know is the TM 5" kit is mesured in the rear.. Front you may get 4" with the t-bars cranked but get a nice 5" in the rear.. So to answer your question no the 3 1/4 BS will not work.. Also keep in mind the laws in your state for having the tread covered.. Here in Cali that is a law so I have the Bushwakers covering them..

-Troy [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]'<font color=red>WeaZle</font color=red>'[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] McCarty
http://www.tbrs.com/zrschmoo/
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-03-2000, 03:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Alright I do plan to use the trailmaster 5" suspension lift. I could use 33x9.5x15's if it would mean that I didn't have to trim the fenders. The wheels are 15x8.5 with 3 1/4" backspacing. Will I be able to run 33x9.5x15 BfGoodrich's on them with minimal fender trimming. If 33's won't work how about 32's. Does anyone have a close up of a trimmed fender, I really don't understand what exactly needs to be trimmed.

Thanks for all the help

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 17-253575-Mvc-007f.jpg (97.2 KB, 8 views)
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-03-2000, 05:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Not totaly clear but you get the idea..

-Troy [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]'<font color=red>WeaZle</font color=red>'[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] McCarty
http://www.tbrs.com/zrschmoo/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode