Body lift questions - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-02-2000, 07:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Body lift questions

I want to give my truck a body lift. I'm not sure of how high I want to go, but I want to go high enough to put 32 inch tires on with no rubbing, I also would like to keep my stock 15 inch rims, if possible. I have a 2 inch lift on it (shackles and t-bar crank up), how high will I have to go, and what is the max body lift you can put on without having to get longer hoses and such? Also to add to the list of questions I have, how much will a body lift cost if I installed it?

Lack of engine proformance equals a limp shaft.
http://members.home.com/jm8881/blazer.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-02-2000, 07:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Body lift questions

Go to www.s10-4x4.com and they have a chart for tires and what's needed to fit them. I believe 3" is the max you can get due to safety sake. And a good lift kit will include everything you need for lengthening and fit. Expect to spend any where from $80-$200 on a kit depending on what you brand and where you get it. As far as keeping your rims it will depend on the width of the tires you get. With a 15x7 (stock) rim I think the max tire width you can go is 10.5 in. Any wider and you would need to get 15x8 rims or better. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Marty O.
89 2.8L S-10 Blazer 3" Body LIft
01 Jeep Cherokee stock
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-02-2000, 09:26 PM

Re: Body lift questions

Not sure what vehicle you have but I have a 2" body lift on my 97 ZR2 reg. cab s-10. My torsion bars are cranked up a little. I am running 33x12.50x15 on my stock rims and they rub a little on the inside of the fender near the flare. I think that with 2" torsion and shackle and 2" body you would be able to run 32's. I put the body lift on myself with a friend and we did it on the weekend with minimal problems. Performance Accessories lift was about 100 bucks. Any questions email me at [email protected].

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode