Carbed 2.8 questions - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-27-2000, 10:14 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Carbed 2.8 questions

Hey all! Remember that 85 S-10 4x4 my relatives had that they thought blew the engine? Well, it turns out it was just knocking and was hard to start(or wouldn't at all) after it got warm. So, they replaced the fuel pump(making noise), and next the timing chain. Now they tell me they want to sell it to buy a fullsize to tow there horses around. I'm thinking of buying it, cause its very solid, has a 2" body lift, alum wheels, 31"Sport Kings, a cap and its a 5 speed! They paid about $500 for it 3 months ago, and its pretty much sat since then. Could I swap in a 2.8 TBI or multi-port fairly easily without totally rewiring everything? Not right now, but when I get tired of the carb. Or would a 3.4 be worth the extra $$. I need to know this before I decide to buy it, cause if not, I'll buy an 86-88 with TBI. Should be a very cool project, maybe a D30/D44 swap 5" springover lift, 33" SSR's, 4.11s, 3.1 turbo. Just dreamin.
A.S.
1989 S10 4x4 4.3/auto, 2" rear lift, 235's
1989 S Blazer 4x4 4.3/auto 2" lift, 31" BFG A/T KOs

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-27-2000, 11:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Carbed 2.8 questions

355s-10 there is more to that swap than just wiring. the entire fuel system need to be modified to run the TBI.there is one good thing about the 85 model year. it is the last year before the computer making a carbed v-8 swap very easy. hope that this helps. i'm a fan of the early s models. if you have any questions on the swap i would be glad to help if i can. or post the question, every one here is very helpful (but you already know this). i have been running a small block in my 84 for about 6 years now. well hope this helps, good luck on your decision.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-28-2000, 02:16 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey 355, hows it hanging. You live in Central Ohio right? If you need a hand call me up , I got a engine lift and a good hand. If we could go to a junkyard and get you a few things we could handle swaping out the carb for a Fuel injection system. Know what Im saying dude? I'll even convince you into running Nitrous. LOL. Let us know whats up. 614streets

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2000, 09:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey All,
New to this site and to the S-10s. I have an 88 S-10 Blazer 2.8 with fuel injection and a bad motor knock. I also have an wrecked 84 pickup with a great running 2.8 carburated motor. Will the intake etc. from the 88 motor bolt right up to the 84? What other problems if any might I encounter? I also have an 85 S-10 4x4 that runs great but is just rusty/ratty enough that I can go anywhere and not sweat it. Thanks in advance for any help. Dave

post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-15-2000, 09:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The Intake will bolt right up. But you will need to swap in all the newer sensor. Is the 84 4x4? if not then you will have to look further into it. Also in 84 I think they had mechanical fuel pumps? I think they sell a plate to go over where the fuel pump should be but not sure on that on either.
Good Luck

Nick
[email protected]
83' s10 extended cab 4x4 supercharged 2.8l v6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode