want to do t-master 5" - Page 2 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2000, 02:29 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: want to do t-master 5\"

<font color=blue>As far as the trailmaster kit gose I love it. The brackets do hang down and I have smacked the hell out of them. The have not broke yet. I do not like the rancho or supper kits because of how the just crank up the T-bars to get most of the lift in the front. Go to www.s10-4x4.com hit the pull down bar and scrool down to the down loads. We have all the kits there that you can down load and compair them on what they use and how they install.
Check out my websight and you can see what I have done with my s10. www.geocities.com/diesel22_us It dose load SLOW at 56k.
Diesel22</font color=blue>

<font color=blue>Jeff Henderson
Asst Webmaster @ s10-4x4.com
The best s10 websight is www.s10-4x4.com
My home www.geocities.com/diesel22_us
www.off-road.com/chevy/tech/snorkel/</font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2000, 11:41 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well Ok.. First the Rancho kit does not crank the bars to get its lift like the T-Master 4" kit does to get 5".. Measure the brackets.. The Rancho kit is also brackets at 3" long.. I agree about the Superlift kit.. Over crank the bars and give upper arms to correct camber.. Not the way to go.. What, you donít like the HD sub frame support that Rancho offers that you can attach a skid plate to.. Save you from smacking the sub frame and ripping it out.. Everything else is basically the same.. Both have upper arms and lower the t-bar mount into a vulnerable location.. Ranch has a rear axle flipper while TM is aal..
BTW I was the one that sent your site the instructions on the Rancho kit and the T-master kit..

-Troy '<font color=red>WeaZle</font color=red>' McCarty

post #13 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2000, 01:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey weazle, how much lift do you figure the SAW T-bars give you? What does it cost to get those things installed?

Ryan

-I shoulda been a cowboy-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2000, 02:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I got two inches out of them and a really good ride.. You could probably get more but it becomes a prob with the CV's.. They dont like it much.. Its the same as cranking the stock bars but these bars have a splined end on the adjuster(so you can get more 'crank') and they are a thicker bar..I got them installed for $150 plus alignment.. I had to go back and get them doen again because they do settle alot(free).. Get the t-bar adjuster and do it yourself.. Im still searching ebay for the tool.. Keep getting outbid [email protected]!!![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img] Dont use c-clamps or anything else, use the tool.. Those bars have like 1000lbs of torque on them.. The shop I went to used regular clams and busted one sending a worker to the hospital with a hunk-o-metal in his leg..

-Troy '<font color=red>WeaZle</font color=red>' McCarty

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode