Added Performance - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-25-2000, 01:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Added Performance

First, I want to thank those that offered some good advice for improving performance on my "new to me" '93 S-10 Blazer.
I have ordered, and will be installing over the next couple weeks: K&N air filter, ADS Performance Computer Chip, JBA Cat4ward Shorties, Carsound High Flow Cat Convert., and Borla Side Exit CatBack System. I hope to get about 50 extra HP's with these additions. Is this realistic? Beyond this what else can be done without major overhaul? Thanx for your help?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-25-2000, 03:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Added Performance

Only way to tell is go get a Dyno done before any mods then as you add each part go get another dyno.. This will tell you what helps and what does not and by how much. Or just stick with your butt dyno, install all the stuff you got at once and add up all the HP gains it says on the box and be happy..
Personaly I would get an exhaust shop to build you a cat back setup instead of the Borla setup.. Your paying a $hitload for that system when a knowlegable wrencher can make it for you for half the price.. The JBA's I hear are real nice.. For the filter are you going with the replacement or the open element kit?? Any info on the ADS chip never heard of them.. What don't like Jet??

-Troy [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]'<font color=red>WeaZle</font color=red>'[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] McCarty
http://www.tbrs.com/zrschmoo/
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-25-2000, 06:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have a filter that fits into the stock air box. As for the computer chip; I am new at this and wouldn't know the differance until my butt was in the seat. Thanx for the help with the cat-back...I'm certainly into saving a few bucks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-25-2000, 07:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Where did you find out about that chip? Where are you getting it, cost, etc. Has anyone else out there chipped their blazer? If so, can you provide info?

post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-25-2000, 07:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I had Jet's 6 pack in my S-10 for a while.. Kept crappin out on me.. I live on SoCal where we have 5 to 8 lane freeways.. Nothing fun about flying in the fast lane and having all power cut out.. Hmmmm, look over my right sholder and dive for the side.. Even had them program one for me and it still didnt work.. He said he had one other vehicle that did this.. When it did work there was mucho more power.. I will be going with the Jet Stage 2 at some point.. Have not heard of any problems with those.. Probably when gas prices go down.. Ha.. Hehe......hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]..

-Troy [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]'<font color=red>WeaZle</font color=red>'[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] McCarty
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-25-2000, 08:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Id give you like 13 hp at the wheels. Sorry but that stuff wont work for crap until you get some real bolt ons. But those are good things to do first, because then when you add a cam or NOS, or a supercharger, those items WILL not limit the capacity of the part to make power. Did you get your JBA's ceramic coated?
Just flaping my gums-

Oh one more thing, I have an ADS chip. I really couldnt tell any real gain at 1st, so I pulled the chip and put the stock back in. Then about a month ago I slapped it back in. I have done all kinds of mods since I pulled it, and the chip really added some power. So Id say its gonna add good and advertised power, after you do more mods.
614streets
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-26-2000, 09:10 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I found the chip at truckperformance.com It is supposed to add 10-15 hp & 20lbs torque @ a cost of $99.95

post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-26-2000, 09:14 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

What kinds of mods have you completed, What had the most impact?

post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-26-2000, 11:49 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Headers by far are the best at performance.. Along with opening up the exhaust and the intake with an open element filter.. Kinda all goes together.. I have the Edelbrocks, till they fall off from rusting.. I have had two exhaust leaks from them.. Go with the JBA's.. Life time warranty, nickel plated and a proven performance gain.. I have the Jacobs Mileage Master setup that im still on the fence on after a year.. Electric fan to replace the mechanical one.. I like the adjustment when it will come on.. Thinking of a chip and pullies next.. Best way to kill power is slap on some 33's and donít do gearing.. Working on that.. But im always thinking bigger and better so im saving up for a SFA D-44 swap with ARB, 4.56 and 35's.. Already have the rear D-44 under build..
Talk about impact..
Someone I knew said that a JATO rocket strapped to your vehicle really improves that 'Launch out of the hole'.. But I havent talked to him lately..[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode